Leviton today unveiled universal polarity fiber cassettes that expand the flexibility of its HDX, e2XHD and SDX fiber patching systems. Data center managers are working to maintain network uptime while simplifying the deployment and ongoing maintenance of their networks. The new Leviton Base12 universal polarity cassettes allow for the same interchangeable cassette on both ends of a Method B trunk in a fiber channel, reducing the complexity of a fiber network and ensuring consistent polarity. The new polarity option for cassettes are the latest example in Leviton's long history of providing customers with smart solutions with a strong return on infrastructure investment.
"The highest performing and most versatile fiber connectivity systems on the market now include universal polarity cassettes to further simplify network design, deployment and maintenance," said Tony Yuen, senior product manager for Leviton Network Solutions. "Maintaining correct polarity in a fiber network can be challenging, but it is absolutely critical. Confusion or delays during testing, installation or throughout moves, adds or changes can impact your bottom line and potentially lead to a catastrophic network failure. Our new universal polarity cassettes help installations stay on schedule and avoid polarity issues."
Features of the new Leviton universal polarity cassettes include:
• Faster network deployment When installed on both ends of the fiber channel with a method B trunk, universal cassettes eliminate the need for different cassette models or polarity changes.
• Easier moves, adds and changes Ongoing network maintenance is made easier by allowing network administrators to inventory a single cassette type, rather than worrying about multiple cassettes and polarity tracking.
• Options for fiber density and form factors Available in three patching platforms Opt-X™ HDX, e2XHD and Opt-X SDX with fiber density from 72, 96 or 144 LC fibers per rack unit and a range of capabilities and options, Leviton universal polarity cassettes can fit any network design preference or requirement.
• Cleaner and safer connections Patent-pending LC shuttered adapters with IP5x rating keep out dust and debris, and protect technicians from laser light exposure, with no dust caps to remove, store or throw away.
• US Manufacturing Quick-turn production and US manufacturing provide performance assurance and product availability that data center operators appreciate.
The new Base12 MTP® to LC cassettes are available in 12- or 24-fiber options. They are available across Leviton’s three popular fiber patching platforms: the HDX ultra-high-density system, the e2XHD high-density snap-in system and the SDX standard density system.
About Leviton Network Solutions
Leviton Network Solutions (leviton.com) delivers complete network structured cabling systems for data center, enterprise, education, health care, government and commercial mixed-use markets around the globe. Solutions include copper and fiber optic connectivity, IT/AV systems and much more. All Leviton products are engineered to exacting standards, offer industry-leading performance and are backed by the industry’s best service and support. IT management, builders, contractors and other industry professionals consistently rank Leviton products as the most preferred brand in the industry. We can expand your network possibilities.