NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Świecie, Poland, 2020/01/29 - Mondi Corrugated Solutions plant in Świecie, Poland, pilots an innovative customer order and delivery service to better meet market needs - MondiGroup.com.
Mondi, a global leader in packaging and paper, is piloting a new customer ordering system at its Świecie plant in Poland. This new service will offer customers the opportunity to place a first time order for a newly designed packaging solution, and have it packed and delivered within 24 hours. This innovation has been introduced to meet customers' changing needs in order to fulfill their often short deadlines, particularly in the FMCG sector where there is a need for multi color, die cutted packaging.
"This new pilot will help customers to meet their evolving needs and deal with last minute orders. We believe that exceptional production efficiency and customer service is the future of corrugated plants, and I am proud that our pilot is at the forefront."
Armand Schoonbrood, COO Corrugated Solutions
How the 24 hour order to delivery service works:
• Our plant in Swiecie receives a new order for a packaging request;
• Order is verified at the plant;
• In parallel, the cliché tooling supplier is briefed for preparation of a new tooling set (cliché & die-form) to undertake the new order;
• Once the production is confirmed, the machine is set-up and ready to go;
• The board is prepared and the transport of the final packaging solutions is arranged;
• Once the order is completed, delivery is arranged to the customer within 24 hours.
Customers benefits include:
• Quick reaction and solutions to resolve shortages or bottlenecks in customers' packaging requests;
• A flexible and dynamic ordering system which caters for a number of sectors that need flexibility, in particular in the FMCG sector.
Following the pilot stage, this service will be offered to selected customers in the region.
About Mondi Corrugated Solutions
Mondi Corrugated Solutions is a leading supplier of corrugated packaging in Europe, with strong focus on Central and South-East Europe. Through a network of 16 plants Mondi Corrugated Solutions provides innovative design and state-of-the-art printing and gluing technology. The packaging types range from standard transit cases and heavy duty containers to upscale consumer displays. They are applied as shelf- or retail-ready solutions, transport cases or large containers when shipping FMCG's, perishables, industrial and dangerous goods as well as other products.
Mondi (mondigroup.com) is a global leader in packaging and paper, delighting its customers and consumers with innovative packaging and paper solutions that are sustainable by design. Our business is fully integrated across the packaging and paper value chain from managing forests and producing pulp, paper and plastic films, to developing and manufacturing effective industrial and consumer packaging solutions. Sustainability is embedded in everything we do. In 2018, Mondi had revenues of €7.48 billion and underlying EBITDA of €1.76 billion.
Mondi has a premium listing on the London Stock Exchange (MNDI), and a secondary listing on the JSE Limited (MNP). Mondi is a FTSE 100 constituent, and has been included in the FTSE4Good Index Series since 2008 and the FTSE/JSE Responsible Investment Index Series since 2007.