Seven Bank, Ltd (hereinafter "Seven Bank"; headquarters: Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo; President and Representative Director: Yasuaki Funatake) and NEC Corporation (hereinafter "NEC"; headquarters: Minato-ku, Tokyo; President and CEO: Takashi Niino) hereby announce the development of a next-generation ATM, which has a facial recognition engine with the world's No.1 certification accuracy. The ATM is to be installed and to replace old machines from this September.
In recent years, technological innovations such as FinTech have led to the creation of new financial services and the improvement of operational efficiency as financial institutions, etc. are required to respond to digitalization.
Taking into account the advances in biometrics, AI, IoT, and other technologies, this next-generation ATM is capable of face recognition for identity verification and settlement with QR codes.
In addition, it also utilizes AI and IoT to predict cash demand more precisely and detect prior warning of component failures, which helps to streamline ATM operations. Through the ATMs, Seven Bank (sevenbank.co.jp) and NEC will continue to provide safe and secure lifestyle infrastructure and provide new value in response to changes in society.
Key features of the Next-generation ATM
Provides new value
• Identity verification: facial verification function and identification document reader
• Settlement with reading QR code
• Bluetooth function: send out information to smartphones
Easier to use
• ATM screens easier to view and understand
• Pursuing universal design
More safe and secure
• Changing the design of ATM: cocoon like curve-shaped visor etc.
• Security measures: automatic detection of financial crimes at ATMs
• Improve operational efficiency through AI and IoT
• Reduce environmental impact: reduce electricity and CO2 emissions by 40% compared to current ATMs
Others (Demonstration test)
• Accepting opening of bank accounts at next-generation ATMs (starting from October 2019 for bank accounts of Seven Bank)
• Installation of seismometers: contribute to understanding of overall disaster conditions and strengthening disaster prevention capabilities
*Installation plan for next-generation ATM: Replacements for ATMs in Tokyo are to be completed by summer 2020 and the rest are to be done by FY2024.
About NEC Corporation
NEC Corporation (nec.com) is a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people around the world. The NEC Group globally provides "Solutions for Society" that promote the safety, security, efficiency and equality of society. Under the company's corporate message of "Orchestrating a brighter world," NEC aims to help solve a wide range of challenging issues and to create new social value for the changing world of tomorrow.
NEC is a registered trademark of NEC Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Other product or service marks mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners. ©2019 NEC Corporation.