• Software-defined secondary storage platform empowers businesses to easily move, recover and store data from on premises and cloud providers with new Microsoft Azure and AWS native cloud storage platforms support;
• New high speed storage group capabilities enable faster backup and instant recovery across hybrid environments without compromising on de-duplication;
• Unrivaled protocol accelerators speed backups and improve Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) by 2x across hybrid environments, even as data volumes continue to expand.
Quest Software, a global systems management, data protection and security software provider, today announced the general availability of Quest QoreStor 6.0 to enable software defined hybrid cloud secondary storage for businesses. With new feature enhancements to the award winning QoreStor technology, along with enterprise class compression and backup-vendor agnostic deduplication technology, businesses can now take advantage of QoreStor’s Cloud Tier cloud native storage technology to seamlessly streamline non-invasive long term retention. QoreStor 6.0 also introduces a new Performance Tier accelerating backup, providing up to 2x recovery point objectives (RPO) that enables instant recovery, all without compromising on storage space, compression or de-duplication. The newest version of QoreStor, available from the Quest Data Protection business, also provides access to enhanced patented encryption technologies to keep all data secure, whether in-flight or at rest.
As organizations transition more workloads to the cloud, they depend on applications and data to be “always available” and secure, whether on premises or in the cloud, to ensure business success. With slow backup and recovery challenges, combined with the need to adhere to regulatory compliance issues, today’s digital businesses cannot afford disruption that in turn affects the customer experience. With QoreStor 6.0, organizations can leverage proven and resilient data deduplication and replication technologies. New cloud tiering makes it simple for IT administrators to access, move and recover data on premises and across Microsoft Azure and AWS cloud storage platforms, ensuring more optimized and secure long-term data retention. New performance tiering capabilities make for faster backup and recovery times through Quest’s unique open protocol accelerators that provide source-side deduplication.
“We’re committed to delivering solutions to market that make it easy for organizations to address their toughest backup and recovery challenges, regardless if on premises or in a cloud environment,” said Adrian Moir, Senior Consultant, Product Management & Lead Technology Evangelist, Quest Data Protection business. “Increasing storage requirements and associated costs should not hold back a business from transforming. With QoreStor 6.0, organizations can cost-effectively and easily manage secondary storage requirements of hybrid workloads and streamline backup and recovery data as they transform and grow.”
QoreStor is a hardware and software -agnostic platform, which helps to reduce storage requirements and costs by enabling IT to leverage existing technology investments. The software-defined solution features an always-on, always-available IT environment that supports organizations’ digital transformation efforts and empowers organizations to better serve their customers. With enterprise-grade deduplication and replication capabilities, QoreStor also enables businesses to remain data compliant during data recovery by reconstructing from local data first before pulling from the cloud to only bring “back” necessary data.
“Integrating new technology into existing infrastructure is often complex, time-consuming and costly, which makes IT reluctant to do so, even when it is difficult to meet the needs of the business solely using existing solutions,” said Vinny Choinski, senior validation analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group. “QoreStor presents itself as storage familiar to the backup software, and enables quick, easy-to-understand configuration that’s non-disruptive to ongoing business operations. It can be deployed and operational in a matter of hours, not days or weeks, as can often be the case with new technology deployments.”
QoreStor 6.0 Key Features & Functionality:
QoreStor delivers a truly software-defined solution that can run in any environment and on any hardware or within a virtual machine, whether on premises or in the cloud. With enhanced flexibility and options, QoreStor helps organizations save time and cut costs, even as data volumes grow. Key new features and functionality in QoreStor 6.0 include:
• Cloud Tier A policy-driven, seamless cloud extension to QoreStor, the Cloud Tier offers easy access to move data and recover data from cloud storage, whether with Microsoft Azure or AWS.
• Performance Tier A high-speed Storage Group that allows for faster backup and instant recovery technologies without having to compromise on deduplication.
• Data Recovery In-Place Upgrades In-place upgrades for existing DR Series appliance users, which allows for a change from a fixed-appliance model to a software-defined model, all without having to move or migrate any backup data.
• Role-Based Access New access controls allow more granular control for larger organizations and MSPs.
• Enhanced UI The updated user interface, featuring an interactive dashboard, provides simpler workflows and makes information easier to find and operate.
About Quest Software
Quest provides (quest.com) software solutions for the rapidly-changing world of enterprise IT that help simplify the challenges caused by data explosion, cloud expansion, hybrid datacenters, security threats and regulatory requirements. The company is a global provider to 130,000 companies across 100 countries, including 95% of the Fortune 500 and 90% of the Global 1000. Since 1987, Quest has built a portfolio of solutions which now includes database management, data protection, identity and access management, Microsoft platform management and unified endpoint management. With Quest, organizations spend less time on IT administration and more time on business innovation.