International technology group ANDRITZ has received an order from Klabin to supply energy-efficient and environmentally friendly pulp production technologies and key process equipment for Klabin’s “PUMA II” project in Ortigueira, Paraná, Brazil.
The order value for ANDRITZ is in the range of approx. 190 million euros. Start-up has been scheduled in the second quarter of 2021.
This order once again confirms the excellent business relationship between ANDRITZ and Klabin. ANDRITZ also supplied major technologies and process equipment for Klabin’s pulp mill in Ortigueira (Puma Unit), which was started up successfully in 2016.
For Puma II, the ANDRITZ scope of supply includes the following equipment, to be supplied on full EPC (Engineering, Procurement, Construction) basis:
• A complete Wood Processing Plant using the same proven technology as the existing ANDRITZ woodyard for the Puma Unit line; including two eucalyptus debarking and chipping lines, chip storage with 360° stacker-reclaimer, chip screening, bark handling with ANDRITZ BioCrushers, bark storage, and a purchased biomass receiving system for the new power boiler. Each debarking line can process both eucalyptus and pine with world record capacities (pine/euca 400/350 m3 sob/h) and consists of an ANDRITZ debarking drum, which provides excellent debarking results with very low wood losses, and the unique, horizontally fed HHQ-Chipper (XL model), ensuring high capacity without compromising on chip quality.
• An ANDRITZ HERB Recovery Boiler for a combustion capacity of 3,300 tds/d with high steam parameters of 103 bar(a) and 502°C to maximize power generation. The HERB recovery boiler features energy-efficient recovery from gases cooling and feed water preheating technology to maximize steam production for power generation. It is designed for long operating periods without requiring wash water. ANDRITZ’s delivery includes state-of-the-art sootblowing control technology. Optimum sootblowing results are controlled by ANDRITZ’s lastest technology innovations: the Hanging Heat-Transfer Surface Weight Indicator (HEWI) and the sootblowing Advanced Control Expert (ACE).
• A complete White Liquor Plant, consisting of the same technology as the mill’s existing ANDRITZ white liquor plant in the Puma unit. The new recaustizing plant (5,000 m3/d capacity) includes efficient green liquor filtration with LimeGreen filters producing clean green liquor and minimizing waste to landfill, white liquor filtration with a LimeWhite filter maximizing the white liquor quality, and efficient lime mud filtration with a LimeDry filter - ensuring high lime mud dryness, which results in low heat consumption in the kiln. The LimeKiln has a multifuel burner and capacity of 450 t/d.
• A Power Boiler based on ANDRITZ EcoFluid Bubbling Fluidized Bed (BFB) technology. The scope of supply includes a biomass-fired boiler with flue gas cleaning and other auxiliary equipment. The new Power Boiler is combined with the Recovery Boiler to form a “Boiler Island”, and some of the auxiliary equipment is shared between the two boilers. This provides savings in both investment and operating costs. The capacity of the boiler is 220 t/h of superheated steam, which is brought to a steam turbine shared with the Recovery Boiler. The fuels used are bark and wood rejects from the mill.
The ANDRITZ order also includes some items for the existing Puma Unit pulp line:
• Wood Processing Plant rebuild to increase capacities in the 360° stacker-reclaimers and conveyors, and;
• Preparation for the eucalyptus and pine cooking feeding systems, densities expected in the future, addition of a first stage for oxygen delignification and ANDRITZ Stirox white liquor oxidation for the eucalyptus line.
About ANDRITZ Group
ANDRITZ (andritz.com) is a globally leading supplier of plants, equipment, and services for hydropower stations, the pulp and paper industry, the metal working and steel industries, and for solid/liquid separation in the municipal and industrial segments. Other important fields of business are animal feed and biomass pelleting, as well as automation, where ANDRITZ offers a wide range of innovative products and services in the IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things) sector under the brand name of Metris. In addition, the international technology Group is active in power generation (steam boiler plants, biomass power plants, recovery boilers, and gasification plants) and environmental technology (flue gas cleaning plants) and offers equipment for the production of nonwovens, dissolving pulp, and panelboard, as well as recycling plants.
A passion for innovative technology, absolute customer focus, reliability, and integrity are the central values to which ANDRITZ commits. The listed Group is headquartered in Graz, Austria. With over 160 years of experience, 29,000 employees, and more than 280 locations in over 40 countries worldwide, ANDRITZ is a reliable and competent partner and helps its customers to achieve their corporate and sustainability goals.
ANDRITZ PULP & PAPER
ANDRITZ Pulp & Paper is a leading global supplier of complete plants, systems, equipment, and comprehensive services for the production and processing of all types of pulp, paper, board, and tissue. The technologies cover processing of logs, annual fibers, and waste paper; production of chemical pulp, mechanical pulp, and recycled fibers; recovery and reuse of chemicals; preparation of paper machine furnish; production of paper, board, and tissue; sizing, calendering and coating of paper; as well as treatment of reject materials and sludge. The service offering includes system and machine modernization, rebuilds, spare and wear parts, on-site and workshop services, optimization of process performance, maintenance and automation solutions, as well as machine relocation and second-hand equipment. Biomass, steam and recovery boilers for power production, gasification and flue gas cleaning plants, systems and plants for the production of nonwovens, dissolving pulp, and panelboard (MDF), as well as recycling and shredding solutions for various waste materials also form a part of this business area.