General Counsel and senior legal leaders will convene at the 19th Annual SuperConference event, taking place at the Swissotel Chicago on May 21-22, 2019 in Chicago, IL.
This premier forum will tackle topics including practical solutions for today’s general counsel to better manage and leverage C-Suite relationships, mitigate risks from a cyber attack, overcome a litigation crisis and do more with fewer resources. Attendees will have the opportunity to earn up to 13 CLE Credits including 2 Ethics credits, 1 Diversity credit, and 1 Mental Health/Substance Abuse credit.
“SuperConference is the premier event where attendees gain practical advice and guidance in an interactive setting to help them succeed in their ever-evolving roles as legal leaders,” said Heather Nevitt, Editor-in-Chief, Corporate Counsel, Inside Counsel and Global Leaders in Law.
SuperConference will feature General Counsel and Senior Counsel speakers from organizations such as AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Xcel Energy, Walgreens, Occidental Petroleum Corporation, US Bank, H&R Block, Allstate, TransUnion, Mastercard, Caterpillar, American Medical Association among many other notable companies. The conference will cover topics across educational tracks including:
• Risk, Regulatory & Global Trade Compliance addresses the issues that organizations with global supply chains face with regard to domestic and international regulatory changes and updates. Sessions will cover EPA & EHS compliance, how tariffs and trade wars affect an organization’s international supply chain, and how technology can be utilized to improve the legal processes associated with global supply chains.
• Business Partner Strategies provides key insights and practical solutions for today’s General Counsel and how to be the strategic business partner to C-suite peers. From understanding the P&L, to balancing the needs of the CEO, to implementing diversity and inclusion initiatives across the organization, this track provides the tools that General Counsel need to maximize their impact as a key business partner.
• Business Transactions & Data Privacy will cover how corporations are handling strategic business operations and working to protect both consumer and company data. Panels dive into specifics ranging from examining non-traditional mergers and acquisitions to reputational risk crisis response, and continuing HIPAA compliance.
• Law Department Operations addresses how law departments are continuing to evolve to handle expanding capabilities, prove their success to the C-Suite, and use new and emerging technologies to transform the corporate legal department.
• Government Investigations & Customer Protection looks at the biggest issues that are affecting privacy and data security from the after-effects of GDPR implementation, to the different regulations impacting the transparency and the use of customer data, to how to manage a government investigation and what discerning what data to disclose. This track covers how organizations are navigating through all of the regulatory effects of customer privacy laws.
• Executive Leadership Strategies are closed-door, interactive and intimate conversations are where GCs and in-house counsel will discuss topics in professional and personal development, and share the biggest challenges they face in their evolving roles. These sessions are open to in-house counsel only.
Additionally, ALM Intelligence’s Steve Kovalan, Director of Research will moderate a plenary session on May 21st at 9:45 am on ‘GCs and their Greatest Challenges’. The panel of GCs and in-house counsel will explore how they deal with strategic business issues and discuss what’s keeping them up at night.
ALM (alm.com), an information and intelligence company, provides customers with critical news, data, analysis, marketing solutions and events to successfully manage the business of business. ALM serves a community of over 6 million business professionals seeking to discover, connect and compete in highly complex industries.