NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Dublin, Ireland, 2019/04/11 - Smurfit Kappa has walked away with 14 awards at the European Flexographic Industry Innovation (EFIA) Awards, further consolidating its leadership in the packaging industry - EFIA.uk.com / SmurfitKappa.com. LSE (SKG); ISE (SKG)
Creative and innovative packaging solutions for brands including Cobra, Huggies and Schwartz resulted in Smurfit Kappa receiving four gold, four silver, two bronze, three highly commended and one special category award.
Smurfit Kappa Technical Manager John Glancy was the proud winner of the ‘Lifetime Achievement’ award for the huge knowledge and understanding of technical print that he has built up in 41 years at the Smurfit Kappa Tannochside Plant in Scotland.
Commenting about the performance on the night, Clive Bowers, CEO of Smurfit Kappa UK, said: “These awards signify our ability to innovate and grow as a business. We are constantly striving to push the boundaries in print, design and sustainability.”
Jason Peckham, UK Market Director added: “Listening to and fully understanding our customers’ requirements is at the heart of our business. Winning 14 awards reflects the dedication, talent and expertise of our team.”
The EFIA awards (efia.uk.com), which took place at the Concorde Conference Centre, Manchester, celebrate technical innovation and creativity in flexographic printing.
Full list of the EFIA Awards Smurfit Kappa won
• Special Award Lifetime Achievement
• Gold Award Cobra Beer 12 pack
• Gold Award Rowenta ‘Xtrem Noir’ vacuum cleaner
• Gold Award Schwartz sauce mixes
• Gold Award Kimberly-Clark Huggies ‘Pure’ wipes
• Silver Award Stella Artois Christmas 12 pack
• Silver Award Nescafe coffee
• Silver Award Haribo ‘Super Mix’ sweets
• Silver Award Kimberly-Clark ‘Mickey Mouse 90 years’ tissues
• Bronze Award Müller gingerbread
• Bronze Award Pink and white mallow sweets
• Bronze Award Hennessy 12 pack
• Highly Commended Stella Artois ‘Pour it Forward’
• Highly Commended WD40 promotional pack.
About Smurfit Kappa
Smurfit Kappa (smurfitkappa.com) is a FTSE 100 company and one of the leading providers of paper-based packaging in the world, with operations in 21 European countries and 12 countries in the Americas.
Our experience and expertise create new opportunities for our customers and we are constantly updating our pack design and innovations to provide the optimum choice and packaging supplies.