• Dell combines premier managed security services, global threat intelligence and incident response from Secureworks with leading endpoint protection technology from CrowdStrike to advance the industry’s most secure commercial PC1;
• Unique collaboration enables workforce transformation while managing the growing and rapidly changing cyber risk organizations face daily;
• New solutions constantly monitor and protect the endpoint ecosystem from ever-evolving threats.
As more than one-third (39 percent) of cyber attacks are now non-malware based2, adversaries can exploit gaps in traditional antimalware solutions used in isolation. Considering 50 percent of organizations also have insufficient endpoint or network visibility during incident response engagements3, it’s clear many businesses are injecting ineffective security tools into their environments, ultimately adding complexity without directly addressing the problem. These disconnected solutions require ongoing diligence and expert resources to analyze a multitude of security alerts and identify compromised devices. Yet, with the growing cybersecurity skills gap, businesses don’t have the resources needed to manage their security infrastructure effectively.
To help organizations address these challenges, Dell is introducing Dell SafeGuard and Response, a portfolio of next-generation endpoint security solutions that combines the managed security, incident response expertise and threat behavioral analytics of Secureworks® (secureworks.com) with the unified endpoint protection platform from CrowdStrike. Dell’s modern and effective approach designed to prevent, detect and respond to the shifting threat landscape makes it easy for organizations to protect their data with the industry’s most secure commercial PCs.
With AI-driven and cloud-native endpoint protection powered by CrowdStrike and expert threat intelligence and response management by Secureworks, Dell SafeGuard and Response provides customers with the essential capabilities they need to protect their PCs and data. CrowdStrike (crowdstrike.com) endpoint security solutions prevent more than 99 percent of malware and non-malware-based threats4, detect 100 percent of vulnerabilities4, and respond to sophisticated attacks rapidly. Secureworks’ RedCloak™ behavioral analytics are built into the prevention, detection and response capabilities, so customers benefit from an ever-smarter network effect of protection. When an emerging threat is discovered in one environment, countermeasures are created and deployed to all customers who may be affected.
Prevent, detect and respond to evolving threats
With Dell SafeGuard and Response, customers no longer need to worry about complex implementation involving numerous agents. Dell’s modern approach to security simplifies the buying process, allowing customers to order these new solutions alongside their new PC. Businesses will receive outstanding prevention combined with the ability to quickly detect compromised devices and remediate cyber incidents.
Customers can select from the following new Dell SafeGuard and Response solutions to meet their unique security needs:
• CrowdStrike Falcon Prevent™: This next-generation antivirus (NGAV) solution uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to stop malware and malware-free attacks, offering organizations enhanced protection without requiring signatures and the heavy updates that come with them.
vCrowdStrike Falcon Prevent and Insight: In addition to the NGAV solution, customers can advance their threat prevention capabilities with Device Control and Falcon Insight™, the leading endpoint detection and response (EDR) solution. This enables full visibility into endpoint threat activity and real-time remediation designed to prevent, detect and investigate incidents and stop threats.
• Secureworks Managed Endpoint Protection: Combined with CrowdStrike Falcon Prevent and Insight and Device Control, this offering provides customers with 24x7 managed services from Secureworks to monitor the state of endpoints for indications of threat actor activity. Secureworks Security Operations Center and Counter Threat Unit™ will investigate events to determine severity, accuracy and context to suggest remedial actions, giving organizations peace of mind around the clock.
• Secureworks Incident Management Retainer: In the event of a serious security incident, Secureworks will deploy its On-Demand Incident Response Specialist Team who are highly skilled to respond to and mitigate a cyber incident at any time. Now, organizations with and without security operations centers can have the support and expertise needed in critical times. This service can also be used to build a proactive response plan for future security incidents.
“Organizations are faced with what may feel like an exponentially expanding threat landscape and a mixed bag of solutions to fix it,” said Brett Hansen, vice president and general manager of client software and security solutions, Dell. “To meet the evolving needs of our customers and stay ahead of ever-evolving threats, Dell is offering organizations the tools they need to keep their devices and data secure.”
“Attacker techniques are getting more sophisticated and customers need managed solutions that are actively guarding against threat activity,” said Wendy Thomas, senior vice president of business and product strategy, Secureworks. “Our modern approach with Dell ensures a coordinated defense against cyber threats at the scale and speed required for any customer’s evolving security needs beyond the network.”
“Being selected by Dell is a testament to CrowdStrike’s market leadership and the proven value of our platform,” said Matthew Polly, vice president of Worldwide Business Development and Channels, CrowdStrike. “Together, we are equipping customers with a unique and compelling solution to deliver an end-to-end approach to endpoint security that effectively stops threats, while reducing enterprise complexity and modernizing threat detection and management.”
• Dell SafeGuard and Response will be available globally in March 2019 through Dell and its authorized channel partners.
• Additionally, the comprehensive CrowdStrike Falcon platform can also be purchased through Dell.
About Dell Technologies
Dell Technologies (dell.com) is a unique family of businesses that provides the essential infrastructure for organizations to build their digital future, transform IT and protect their most important asset, information. The company services customers of all sizes across 180 countries ranging from 99 percent of the Fortune 500 to individual consumers with the industry’s most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from the edge to the core to the cloud.
Copyright © 2019 Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. All Rights Reserved. Dell, Dell EMC and other trademarks are trademarks of Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. Other trademarks may be trademarks of their respective owners.
1. Based on Dell Internal Analysis, January 2019
2. CrowdStrike Global Threat Report 2018
3. Secureworks Incident Response Insights Report 2018
4. Based on Business Security Tests by AV-Comparatives, December 2018.