NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Bucharest, Romania, 2018/10/31 - Bitdefender Shares Real-time Intelligence to Demonstrate Spam, Fake News and Attacks Delivering Cybercrime and Undermining Democracy - Bitdefender.com.
Bitdefender, a leading global cybersecurity company protecting over 500 million systems worldwide, continues to innovate for the good of Internet users everywhere, by delivering the industry’s first public website to share real-time, combined threat and information warfare intelligence, and report detected election security incidents.
Election Security Central Offers:
• A dashboard that tracks and displays real-time spam and malware attacks per second with aggregate totals over the past 24 hours.
• A view into real-time trends such as the most attacked states, most active election Internet searches, and information on which tactics fraudsters appear to be using to deceive voters.
• “Daily Reports” that highlight the security/info warfare incidents detected in the past 24 hours. See below the most recent incidents reported.
The Bitdefender Labs new monitoring and reporting capabilities are able to detect possible criminal attacks disguised within high traffic times like this US election season, attempting to deliver malware like ransomware for financial gain. Or more importantly, they are able to flag anomalies that may indicate bad actors intent on deceiving voters, undermining confidence or even preparing an attack on the election infrastructure itself.
Unfortunately, in the digital age, information warfare tactics give bad actors the advantage to automate and anonymously reach, influence and confuse an entire population of Internet users and voters. And they are succeeding by using attack vectors that traditional security monitoring tools have a difficult time detecting.
“The security industry has been focused on offering products and education to help defend against cybercrime tactics like social engineering, spoofs and spam. But to combat information warfare, we need to better understand how people today are engaging each other and consuming information using technology,” said Monika Goldberg, Bitdefender Vice President and Editor-in-Chief. “Information warfare isn’t easy to solve, but we believe our Election Security Central site will make an impact and take us a step forward.”
Recent Election Security Incidents:
• Bitdefender Finds Hackers Targeting High-Profile US Election Candidates Like Cruz and O’Rourke Using Fake Domains with Fake Scandals;
• Bitdefender Identifies Major Fake News Website Farm Ramping up Social Traffic;
• Bitdefender Detects Attempt to Spam-Trick Political Figures in Sextortion Scam.
To experience Election Security Central for yourself, request a free security software subscription for political candidates and campaigns, or to catch up on recent major announcements like the new Bitdefender decryptor for GandCrab ransomware, visit labs.bitdefender.com/.