NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Munich, Germany, 2007/04/17 - This year’s second annual Media in Transition Conference 2007 taking place on September 12th & 13th will gather world’s leading experts, who will discuss the structural transition in the media industry.
The Internet is modifying the way media is produced, distributed and consumed.
This annual event focuses on content and technology specifically in the entertainment, media and communication industries.
This year’s confirmed speakers are:
• Annet Aris, Professor of strategy and management at INSEAD, Paris
• Martin Stiksel, founder of Last Fm, London
• Matthew Gertner, co-founder and CTO of allpeers.com, Prague
• John Buckmann, founder of magnatune, member of the board of directors of Creative Commons, San Francisco
• Paul Pod, co-founder of Tioti.com, Tape it off the Internet, London
• Les Ottolenghi, founder and CEO of Intent Media Works, Atlanta
• Alexander Wolf, CEO of CELAS, Managing Director of GEMA, Munich.
The first Media in Transition Conference opened its doors last year on September 7th and 8th and attracted many early adopters of the digital media world.
Speakers of the 2006 event included top creatives and entrepreneurs such as:
• Simon Willison, Yahoo!®, co-founder of web framework Django
• Martin Stiksel, founder of Last.fm
• Horst Weidenmüller, founder !K7-Records
• Santiago de la Mora Strategic Partner Manager for Google™ Booksearch in Europe, Africa and the Middle East
• John Buckmann, founder of Magnatune
• Genevieve Kunst, Head of European Business development of Amazon
• Steve Turnridge, founder of SML Inc.
• Tom Dyson, R&D Director Torchbox, XML Expert and Python Developer, and many more.
The Media in Transition Conference 2007 (mediaintransition.com) will be accompanied by a networking event in the evening of September 12th and offers exclusive sponsoring opportunities.
P: +49 89 4524 7701 - E: matthias[.]mediaintransition.com.