NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Göttingen, Lower Saxony, Germany, 2018/07/03 - Sartorius signed the United Nations Global Compact initiative and is actively engaged in helping to develop a sustainable global economy - UN.org / Sartorius.com.
Over 13,000 companies and non-commercial organizations from 161 countries have enlisted their support to initiate change processes beyond sectors and borders and to make globalization more fair. The UN Global Compact is the largest initiative worldwide for responsible business leadership.
“To Sartorius, sustainability means operating responsibly over the long term with respect to natural resources as well as to business partners and employees. This is so important to us that we have made sustainability one of our company’s three core values besides openness and enjoyment. Close linkage between social and ecological goals and company business targets is not a contradiction, but rather a positive factor for our profitable growth,” said Group CEO Dr. Joachim Kreuzburg.
The topic of sustainability is gaining significance across the globe. Customers and investors are showing increasing interest in receiving information on the areas of environment, business ethics and governance. In addition, national legislation are increasingly requiring reports on sustainability aspects.
Launched in 2000 by the United Nations (un.org), the Global Compact invites businesses to join forces with this movement to achieve improvements worldwide in human rights, labor standards, environmental protection and anti-corruption. Ten Principles of this Global Compact specify how businesses can take action within their particular sphere of influence. The success of implementing these principles will considerably depend on the actions and collaboration of all stakeholders, particularly on the commitment and engagement of the private economy. This is a responsibility that Sartorius is glad to accept. Therefore, Sartorius (sartorius.com) will be reporting annually to the United Nations on the progress it achieves according to these principles.
Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact
1. Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
2. make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
3. Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining:
4. the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labor;
5. the effective abolition of child labor; and
6. the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
7. Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
8. undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
9. encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
10. Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
About Sartorius Group
The Sartorius Group (sartorius.com) is a leading international pharmaceutical and laboratory equipment provider with two divisions:
Bioprocess Solutions and Lab Products & Services. Bioprocess Solutions with its broad product portfolio focusing on
single-use solutions helps customers produce biotech medications and vaccines safely and efficiently. Lab Products &
Services, with its premium laboratory instruments, consumables and services, concentrates on serving the needs of
laboratories performing research and quality assurance at pharma and biopharma companies and on those of academic
research institutes. Founded in 1870, the company earned sales revenue of more than 1.4 billion euros in 2017. More
than 7,500 people work at the Group's approximately 50 manufacturing and sales sites, serving customers around the