• Service providers select Acronis for its multi-tenant and multi-tier capability, safely delivering multiple services to customers via one solution;
• Acronis Data Cloud platform allows service providers to provide easy, reliable and efficient backup, disaster recovery, and file sync and share solutions through native integration with leading Professional Services Automation (PSA) systems.
Acronis, a global leader in hybrid cloud data protection and storage currently celebrating its 15-year anniversary, today reported strong growth of its cloud business, as demand for Acronis’ cloud-based storage, backup and disaster recovery services continues to grow faster than expected. Driven by a 200 percent YoY increase of protected devices and 151 percent YoY growth in the number of protected corporate clients, Acronis’ cloud storage consumption now totals 39 petabytes.
During the past year, Acronis added more than 2,000 new service providers that now can offer backup, disaster recovery, and file sync and share services using the Acronis Data Cloud platform. Obligation-free trials, single installation, a multi-tenant/multi-tier architecture, and native integration with PSA and RMM tools made Acronis the most efficient and cost-effective data protection solution available to service providers.
As a result, service providers can easily and affordably replace their legacy systems with Acronis, unlocking new functionality that specifically meets their needs and the needs of their customers. Plus, zero upfront investment, flexible licensing models, and different deployment models (Acronis hosted, hybrid, or service provider hosted), mean Acronis Data Cloud can be easily integrated into a service provider’s existing infrastructure without disrupting their existing service delivery model.
Easy to upsell and simple to attach, the new data protection services available through Acronis Data Cloud enable service providers to expand into new markets and develop new revenue sources all while increasing customer satisfaction and decreasing churn rate.
“We chose Acronis to deliver our Backup Cloud solution because of the extensive flexibility offered by Acronis. With Acronis, we are able to offer complete protection of all workloads and easy data management to our Partners and their customers. The Hybrid deployment allows us to differentiate from our competition, and the integration and regular deployment of new features into our existing control panels also brought significant efficiency improvement, cost savings as well as opening up new opportunities,” said Tom O’Hagan, Virtual1 founder and CEO.
Business customers choose Acronis
There is an increasing awareness among businesses of all sizes regarding the importance of protecting public cloud services, and the number of companies choosing Acronis to protect their public cloud workloads is rapidly growing. In fact, Acronis recorded a YoY increase of over 1,000 percent in the number of protected Microsoft Office 365 email boxes.
In addition, companies understand that when customer data is compromised, they can incur additional costs in terms of lost customer confidence and legal fines. As a result, many are turning to the purpose-built, reliable, and secure cloud storage service from Acronis to keep customer data safe.Even on-premise users of Acronis Backup display a strong interest in cloud storage, as 35 percent of them store additional copies of backup files in the Acronis Cloud.
Acronis has strong presence in the automotive, manufacturing, and IT industry, with 79 out of the World’s 100 Most Valuable Brands using Acronis solutions.
As a global leader in hybrid cloud data protection solutions, is recognized for its use of cutting-edge technology to protect data. With the backup industry’s only solutions supplemented by both an artificial intelligence-based defense against ransomware and blockchain-based data certification, Acronis continues to push the limits by turning customer feedback into inventive, effective solutions demanded by the market.
Continuing that innovative advancement, the past year saw Acronis add several strategic technology partnerships both with global technology leaders and high-profile clients who choose Acronis for the functionality, ease of use, and reliability of its solutions. These include:
• Google Cloud. The ability to store data in the Google Cloud is being integrated into the majority of Acronis’ solutions, significantly increasing the number of cloud regions where Acronis' partners and customers can store their data. This will bring fast upload speeds and more data sovereignty options to users in a greater number of countries.
• Microsoft Azure Cloud. Available now, Acronis data protection solutionsgive customers an easy option to use Azure cloud for backup storage.Future releases will be natively integrated with Microsoft Azure cloud platform, making it a core component of our platform.
• Solution integrators. Acronis offers native integration with the most popular hosting automation platforms, Professional Services Automation (PSA) systems, and Remote • Monitoring and Management (RMM) tools, including Autotask, ConnectWise, cPanel, Plesk, and Kaseya.
• Williams Martini Racing. One of the most iconic Formula 1 teams, Williams Martini Racing chose Acronis technology to protect its hybrid IT infrastructure. The team is using the functionality of Acronis Data Cloud to protect all local and cloud workloads, centralize backup management and simplify backup management
• Sahara Force India Formula 1 Team. Sahara Force India selected Acronis technology to protect the data at the team’s factory, wind tunnel, and trackside IT infrastructure, using Acronis’ backup, disaster recovery, software-defined storage, file sync and share, and artificial intelligence-based anti-ransomware solutions. The team also renamed its Mission Control Room in Silverstone, U.K. as “Acronis Mission Control Centre,” signifying the value of data and importance of data protection in Formula 1.
“Our investment in our hybrid cloud architecture has paid tremendous dividends, especially with our service provider customers,” said John Zanni, President of Acronis. “We’re able to dramatically increase their revenue and help them be a successful business, thanks to our Acronis Data Cloud Platform. We look forward to continuing that growth together.”
Acronis (acronis.com) sets the standard for hybrid cloud IT data protection through its backup, ransomware Active Protection, disaster recovery, and secure file sync and share solutions. Powered by the Acronis AnyData Engine and set apart by its image technology, Acronis delivers easy, fast, complete and affordable data protection of all files, applications and operating systems across any environment virtual, physical, cloud, mobile and applications. Founded in 2003, Acronis protects the data of over 5 million consumers and 500,000 businesses in over 150 countries and 20 languages. With more than 100 patents, Acronis products are consistently named best product of the year and cover a range of features, including migration, cloning, and replication. Today, Acronis solutions are available worldwide through a global network of service providers, distributors, and cloud resellers.