NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Chisinau, Moldova Republic, 2007/04/12 - SecuBox for Pocket PC. SecuBox for Pocket PC creates an encrypted storage for all user passwords, corporate and customer data, credit card details, security codes, bank account numbers.
All protected with industry standard AES 256-bit encryption. Now you can protect your mobile data with with no special knowledge or additional learning – without changing working habits or business routines. SecuBox ensures sensitive data will never end up with criminals or your competitors.
SecuBox is aimed to overcome the drawbacks of the recently announced Windows Mobile 6.0 encryption and ensures appropriate data redundancy. With its new encryption key backup feature users will be able to get legitimate access to the encrypted storage cards even after Pocket PC hard reset or device malfunction. Encryption key backup also allows administrators to implement secure data recovery procedures in case users forget their password or partially damage the storage media.
SecuBox creates a virtual encrypted storage on Pocket PC, which looks like a usual storage to the user. All information written to this encrypted storage is automatically encrypted on the fly. Decryption and encryption is totally transparent and requires no additional action from the user. It encrypts all sensitive information keeping it secure and protected, even in such catastrophic cases when the PDA is lost or stolen.
• Advanced security algorithms - AES 256-bit encryption algorithm is used for encrypting the data, SHA 512 for generating the encryption key. No knowledge of encryption and cryptography required - designed for busy professionals that value their time.
• Encryption key backup - The backup copy allows restoring the storage in the cases of password loss or if the storage file has been accidentally corrupted during the operating system failure
• Easy installation, maintenance and usage - SecuBox for Pocket PC seamlessly integrates into daily life requiring no change in the way users work with Pocket PC. No configuration or soft reset required
• On-the-fly transparent encryption - SecuBox creates encrypted virtual storages. When you open a file from a SecuBox secure storage the data is decrypted on-the-fly, when you save it back on the encrypted storage, the data is automatically encrypted
• Password strength meter - a good password is one that cannot be guessed. Our advanced algorithms for judging the password's quality will help you create a strong, hard-to-guess password to ensure that no one will ever get access to your encrypted information
• Secure storage deletion - ensures that deleted files will never be recovered by special recovery tools
• Change storage properties - encrypted storages can be assigned read only and hidden properties
• Multiple encrypted storages - up to 10 encrypted storages may be mounted at the same time
• System tray icon - allows you to quickly mount/unmount the encrypted storages
• No backdoors - SecuBox for Pocket PC does not include backdoors or escrow keys. Neither we nor any other entities will be able to get access to the encrypted data - regardless of circumstances
Pricing: Business or Personal license costs USD 39.95, while educational institutions are eligible to special licensing scheme.
Platforms: SecuBox supports Windows Mobile 6 Professional, Windows Mobile 6 Classic, Windows Mobile 5.0 for Pocket PC Phone Edition, Windows Mobile 5.0 for Pocket PC, Windows Mobile 2002/2003/2003SE/2005, Windows CE 3.0/4.0/4.1/4.2/5.0, Handheld PC 2000 (Windows CE 3.0), Pocket PC /2002/2003/Phone Edition, Palm-size PC