The new Mac driver, which will allow all ExpressSAS users to connect to their Mac devices, is available for download on the ATTO website today.
The industry standard for SAS/SATA Mac drivers, ATTO is the only provider of a 12Gb SAS/SATA HBA for macOS®. This newest release for 12Gb ExpressSAS comes with:
• Certifications for the latest Thunderbolt expansion chassis solutions from Sonnet and One Stop Systems;
• Interoperability tested with popular media and entertainment applications, the latest tape drives, HDDs and SSDs;
• Extensive history in SAS, creating Thunderbolt™ solutions and working in the Media & Entertainment markets.
“Our decades-long relationship with Apple means that Mac users can benefit from the latest advances in high-performance storage access,” said Tom Kolniak, Senior Director of Marketing at ATTO Technology. “With the addition of macOS support for ATTO ExpressSAS 12Gb SAS HBAs, post-production environments gain additional options to power high-bandwidth media workflows. The release of macOS drivers means users now have the performance necessary with SAS direct attached storage to produce the latest in video content including UltraHD, 3D and virtual reality.”
ATTO provides Thunderbolt 3 solutions for all protocols including Fibre Channel and Ethernet. Users with SAS/SATA storage are now able to purchase the latest hosts that utilize Thunderbolt, opening up their workflow to upgraded performance, therefore improving important business considerations like lead times, footprints, personnel costs and compressed schedules. Primary markets that benefit from this release include Digital Video Applications (DVA) Post Production, Broadcast, Archiving, and Education.
ATTO ExpressSAS HBAs additional key features and benefits include:
• Adanced Data Streaming (ADS™), an ATTO latency management technology, which is built into every ATTO HBA, provides the fastest, most consistent time-to-data, delivering the best-in-industry aggregate bandwidth and predictable data transfers for high performance applications.
• Power Center Pro Raid: ATTO integrates RAID 0,1, 1e and 10 into select model 12Gb HBAs to provide easy to continue, easy to manage RAID capabilities. Coupled with ADS for managed data acceleration, consistently high bandwidth and data protection.
• Available in 8 or 16 port configurations.
• Interoperability: Hundreds of product certifications with dozens of industry leading partners, for hardware and software applications including, disk storage devices, removable tape, optical storage, hard disk drives, and solid state drives.
For nearly 30 years, ATTO Technology, Inc. (atto.com), has been a global leader across the IT and media & entertainment markets, specializing in storage and network connectivity and infrastructure solutions for the most data-intensive computing environments. ATTO works with partners to deliver end-to-end solutions to better store, manage and deliver data. Working as an extension of customer’s design teams, ATTO manufactures host and RAID adapters, network adapters, storage controllers, Thunderbolt-enabled devices, switches and software. ATTO solutions provide a high level of connectivity to all storage interfaces, including Fibre Channel, SAS, SATA, iSCSI, 40/10GbE and Thunderbolt. ATTO is the Power Behind the Storage.
All trademarks, trade names, service marks and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
Thunderbolt and the Thunderbolt logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the US and other countries.