NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Emeryville, CA, United States, 2017/02/10 - Facets now include multiple-selection values for each criteria, and Encore Duet features publication finder integration - III.com.
Innovative Interfaces, a leading provider of library automation software that empowers libraries globally, has launched Encore Release 4.6 with new options for patrons and students to find specific materials more quickly through facet selection and publication finder integration.
In Encore Release 4.6, facets have been redesigned with checkboxes allowing users to select multiple terms within a facet to filter their search results. For example, it is now possible to refine topical search results to display only those matches about two or three specific places to facilitate comparative research. Additionally, users can use facets to focus on multiple formats, such as including both eBook and streaming media results while excluding electronic journals. The multiple-selection feature is available for all facets, including an expanded number of custom facets introduced with this release.
Encore Duet users will see additional changes, including:
• Controls to re-order facets, including EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS) facets;
• The ability to search directly within a specific publication from the initial results display when the search term is an exact match for a publication title using EDS publication finder.
These features enable library users to narrow their search criteria from an initial search term and find highly specific results through facet selection or EDS publication finder. Additional enhancements have improved ranking and search results, including how Encore handles leading articles.
“For the National Library of Poland, the ability to have additional custom facets and the ability to perform multi-select is key to exposing our reference information,” said Marta Cichoń, Senior Custodian and Project Manager at the National Library of Poland. “We are pleased that Innovative works closely with libraries to develop enhancements for Encore with key new capabilities that every library can benefit from.”
Encore Release 4.6 includes changes across the application for improved performance and stability. Additional new features available in Encore Release 4.6 include:
• Accessibility use: In alignment with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and Section 508, improvements have been made to font colors, labels, tabs, and behaviors for screen readers.
• Staff administration: Encore release version now displays in admin application, per customer requests.
• Patron-facing enhancements:
– Notifications to patrons of upcoming card expiration;
– ‘Cancel all’ button from Patron Account now removed but available to configure, per IUG enhancement winner;
– Additional custom facets for each library to optimize;
– Thumbnails from digital asset management with Vital display in search results.
“Innovative has enabled more ways for patrons and students to have a seamless discovery experience while looking for highly specific search results,” said Leif Pedersen, Executive Vice President, Product at Innovative. “Innovative worked closely with our library partners to develop this functionality that meets the needs of libraries and their students.”
Encore and Encore Duet are available for library partners using Sierra or Millennium. To learn more about Encore’s integrated search results, visit the Innovative website.
Innovative (iii.com) provides leading technology solutions and services that empower libraries and enrich their users worldwide. Innovative offers one of the most comprehensive portfolios of library automation products on the market today, serving academic, public, national, corporate, and special libraries, and consortia. Headquartered in Emeryville, California, Innovative has a global presence - serving thousands of libraries in 66 countries and offices worldwide.