• Barracuda announced a new metered billing option for its Web Application Firewall on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
• Barracuda Web Application Firewall is the first third-party web application security solution available on the AWS Marketplace where customer usage is aggregated and charged as part of an existing AWS bill, regardless of the number of the Barracuda Web Application Firewalls deployed.
• Barracuda’s new metered billing option enables customers to deploy an unlimited number of Web Application Firewalls and only pay for what they consume.
• Barracuda also announced an API integration between Barracuda’s Web Application Firewall and NextGen Firewall solutions, helping customers simplify the way application security is deployed and managed.
• Barracuda is demonstrating its AWS security solutions in booth 2215 during AWS re:Invent 2016 this week in Las Vegas. In addition, 2nd Watch, an AWS Premier Partner, will showcase integrated solutions including Barracuda’s suite of award-winning, cloud-ready security solutions in booth 825.
Continuing its cloud security innovation, Barracuda today announced several updates aimed at simplifying web application security for Amazon Web Services (AWS) customers. Barracuda Web Application Firewall is now available as a metered service in the AWS Marketplace. Barracuda Web Application Firewall is the first third-party web application security solution available as a metered service where usage is aggregated and charged as part of an existing AWS bill. Using the metered service, customers can take advantage of a consumption-based pricing model to match capacity to need, giving customers greater flexibility and control over how they deploy security in their AWS environments. Barracuda also announced several updates to its Web Application Firewall product line that simplify the way application security is deployed and managed, including API integration between the Barracuda Web Application Firewall and Barracuda NextGen Firewall solutions.
“Barracuda is a long-time, trusted AWS partner, and we work closely to deliver a secure platform and experience for customers moving to AWS,” said Dave McCann, vice president, AWS Marketplace and Service Catalog at AWS. “AWS delivers a strong foundation of the underlying infrastructure, and Barracuda has been a great security partner for us as customers look to leverage the cloud, while maintaining security, performance and control across their applications running in AWS.”
Web Application Security as a Metered Service on AWS
With the increasing sophistication of attacks, customers must rethink traditional security deployments to ensure that application security can economically scale with application workloads. With metered billing, customers can deploy an unlimited number of Barracuda Web Application Firewalls across their environment and pay only for what they consume when running applications, helping to keep operating costs in line. As with other AWS Marketplace products, usage is aggregated at the end of the month and charged as part of an existing AWS bill. For partners, metered billing reduces the friction of negotiating, deploying and buying ISV solutions, while simplifying the way customers deploy security within their AWS environments.
“Barracuda and AWS actively embrace the shared responsibility model to ensure our customers are able to maximize their cloud investments,” said Nicole Napiltonia, vice president, Alliances at Barracuda. “The current threat landscape has proven the importance of web application security and extending that to the cloud. As a long-time AWS partner, we are excited to be the first ISV to roll out web application firewall metered billing to our customers, giving them more choice and flexibility in how they secure their AWS environment.”
Helping Customers Maximize AWS Investments
2nd Watch, an AWS Premier Partner and one of the largest consulting partners for AWS, selected the Barracuda Web Application Firewall to help customers reduce complexity, increase visibility, and migrate to the cloud securely and affordably. Barracuda’s award-winning products together with 2nd Watch’s integration experience help customers maximize their AWS investments with secure, tailored solutions engineered for cloud environments. For additional information, visit 2nd Watch at re:Invent booth 825.
“2nd Watch has been at the forefront of securing and managing cloud investments on AWS since inception, and the Barracuda solutions help our customers secure their cloud migrations and applications,” said Jeff Aden, executive vice president, Marketing and Business Development at 2nd Watch.
Barracuda and AWS Shared Security to Protect Customers
• Barracuda is an AWS APN Advanced Technology Partner and
• AWS Marketplace Consulting Partner with demonstrated proficiency in AWS Marketplace software and the AWS platform, offering powerful security solutions engineered for cloud environments.
• Barracuda’s AWS Security Competency certificationdemonstrates proven success of Barracuda Web Application Firewall on AWS to support customers and secure their applications running on AWS.
• Barracuda and AWS work together to simplify and streamline product support for AWS Marketplace customers with the new Product Support Connection. Customers now have the ability to selectively share contact information as they wish for easy identity verification and customized support.
• Amazon Web Services GovCloud (US) Region availabilityallows customers with stringent regulatory and compliance requirements to use certain Barracuda solutions to protect sensitive workloads and data in the cloud.
Pricing and Availability
Barracuda Web Application Firewall, including metered billing, is available in AWS Marketplace at cuda.co/awsmktplc.
About Barracuda Networks, Inc.
Barracuda (barracuda.com) simplifies IT with cloud-enabled solutions that empower customers to protect their networks, applications, and data, regardless of where they reside. These powerful, easy-to-use and affordable solutions are trusted by more than 150,000 organizations worldwide and are delivered in appliance, virtual appliance, cloud and hybrid deployments. Barracuda’s customer-centric business model focuses on delivering high-value, subscription-based IT solutions that provide end-to-end network and data security.
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding the potential benefits, performance, and functionality of Barracuda’s security solutions including the Web Application Firewall, and their operation within AWS. You should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements because they involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that are, in some cases, beyond the Company's control and that could cause the Company's results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Factors that could materially affect the Company's business and financial results include, but are not limited to customer response to the Company's products, as well as those factors set forth in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The Company expressly disclaims any intent or obligation to update the forward-looking information to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date of this press release.