Mimecast Limited, a leading email and data security company, today announced that it has been named a ‘Top Player’ by The Radicati Group, Inc., an independent technology marketing research firm, in its 2016 Secure Email Gateway Market Quadrant.
In this report, The Radicati Group offers an in-depth, third-party competitive assessment of the main players in the Secure Email Gateway market. The Radicati analysts evaluated email gateway solutions based on their breadth and depth of functionality, as well as their strategic vision for the future which included understanding customer needs, deliverance of attractive pricing and channel models, and innovation. Mimecast was positioned as a Top Player in this market the highest tier in this market quadrant report.
“Today’s attacks are combining methods such as social engineering and spear-phishing to infiltrate an organization’s network to steal critical data,” said Mark Basler, senior vice president of product management, Mimecast. “Relying solely on blacklist-based defense like anti-virus and anti-spam email protection won’t cut it anymore, as they’re incapable of preventing highly-targeted attacks. Mimecast is trusted by more than 21,800 customers across the globe who rely on our platform to strengthen their cyber resilience. The recognition from The Radicati Group as a Top Player in the Secure Email Gateway market is a testament to the services we deliver to customers daily.”
The Radicati Group lists the following strengths for Mimecast:
• Mimecast offers a single integrated solution which can deliver email security, continuity, and archiving.
• Mimecast solutions are fully cloud-based providing automatic scalability, elasticity, and reliability while completely removing the customer’s need to manage software and hardware.
• Mimecast’s Security solution combines anti-spam, anti-virus, sandboxing, URL-protection/rewriting, data leak protection (DLP), secure messaging, large file send, and impersonation protection.
• Mimecast’s solution integrates with the customer’s Active Directory (AD) environment such that log-in is accomplished with the user's credentials and attributes about the user are used to determine access and security policy execution.
• Mimecast offers DLP capabilities based on Mimecast’s own technology which provide security and compliance for outbound emails.
Mimecast’s single integrated solution can deliver email security, continuity, and archiving, which helps to thwart advanced attacks such as ransomware. Mimecast Targeted Threat Protection extends traditional gateway security to defend against malicious links in email, weaponized attachments and malware-less social-engineering attacks, such as CEO fraud the three most common attack methods. Real-time scanning and blocking of suspect websites and attachment sandboxing prevent employees from inadvertently downloading malware or revealing credentials and the detection of suspicious financial fraud emails. Additionally, dynamic user awareness capabilities reinforce email security policies and engage employees in assessing risks.
Mimecast (mimecast.com) makes business email and data safer for 21,800 customers and their millions of employees worldwide. Founded in 2003, the company's next-generation cloud-based security, archiving and continuity services protect email and deliver comprehensive email risk management.