GE today launched a program dedicated to independent software vendors (ISVs) aimed at fostering a vibrant marketplace for Predix applications that will help solve industry challenges. GE’s ecosystem of alliance partners and customers worldwide will enable the company to share its industry expertise, spur the development of industrial solutions and extend the reach and usefulness of Predix.
ISVs are critical partners to help GE Digital expand Predix adoption. The launch of this program enables partners to swiftly transition ideas into revenue by providing tools and programs to accelerate their development and bring their solution to the marketplace.
GE’s Predix operating system for the Industrial Internet is designed to meet the distinctive strength, scale and security and data integrity requirements for industry. GE Digital’s ISV program enables partners to use Predix as the building block for new applications and to enhance various components of industrial operations, such as maintenance, content development and asset management. Ultimately, this new program will enable more rapid growth of the industrial app economy, giving customers greater access to digital tools that increase productivity and cost savings.
“Industrial companies today face unique challenges as they become more connected across both their enterprise and physical environments,” said Denzil Samuels, Global Head of Channels and Alliances at GE Digital. “In response, GE is creating a robust marketplace by collaborating with companies that share GE’s vision for digital transformation and bridge the gap between the industrial and IT worlds to drive successful business outcomes. The ISV program enables GE and its partners to make industrial apps more accessible to a wider range of companies, while helping them increase productivity through the use of Predix platform.”
The GE Digital ISV program has more than 100 registered partners with more than 35 actively developing a commercial, industrial solution. GE Digital expects this number to grow with the increased adoption of the Industrial Internet worldwide. Participants in the program will have access to the Predix platform, which includes Predix capabilities, data services and security services. ISV partners also receive application development support, including training for rapid development of the application as well as preparation for the beta launch and general availability release with go-to-market support.
“Box is excited to work with GE Digital to help industrial customers securely access and manage their most important content in the cloud,” said Jeetu Patel, Chief Strategy Officer and SVP of Box Platform, Box. “Through this partnership, Predix developers will be able to easily leverage Box APIs to build enterprise-grade content management and collaboration into their applications and accelerate digital business transformation.”
GE’s ultimate goal is to engage the most forward-thinking companies in technology to unlock unprecedented value for industrial customers. These innovative ISVs and founding partners to the program include:
• Box: Through the integration with Predix, developers can now leverage Box's robust collaboration and security features to power content related to IoT workflows including escalation, maintenance and other procedures in their industrial applications.
• Decisyon App Composer: Decisyon App Composer’s “drag and drop” app-building environment provides an intuitive, visual experience for the rapid design and deployment of IIoT applications native to Predix without requiring coding. Users can access the full marketplace of Predix microservices and leverage native visualization, analytics, business rules management, in-context collaboration, and data services functionality.
• Entercoms: Entercoms enables Global OEMs and operators with complex service operations to manage risks, maximize revenue and drive greater control over business outcomes. Its Predix-based solutions optimize forecasting capabilities, customer order cycle time and inventory risk, enabling faster time to revenue.
• Ericsson: Ericsson delivers verifiable trust in data to the Predix platform. Its advanced Blockchain Data Integrity Assurance micro-service provides fully auditable, compliant and trustworthy data to all Predix developers and users.
• Mobideo: Mobideo powered by Predix is a full-fledged service operations management platform that enables asset owner-operators to digitize service operations across the entire asset lifecycle. Mobideo delivers a holistic approach to orchestrate digital service operations, governance and performance management.
• Nurego: Through integration with Predix, Nurego provides Industrial Internet application owners the key pieces required to acquire, retain, and monetize customers for a recurring revenue business.
• OAG Analytics: Deployed on Predix, OAG Analytics is aiming to transform core oil and gas planning functions using proprietary data science.
• Pitney Bowes: Pitney Bowes unlocks the value of data for the Industrial Internet with data quality, location intelligence, geospatial and geoenrichment capabilities embedded into applications, and available as a microservice to Predix developers.
• Splunk: The collaboration between Splunk® Enterprise and Predix will enable developers to continuously monitor, analyze and visualize their entire development workflow to improve the agility, collaboration, and customer satisfaction of their applications.
For more information about the ISV program and how to participate visit ge.com/digital/partners/join-our-program.
About GE Digital
GE Digital (ge.com/digital) connects streams of machine data to powerful analytics and people, providing industrial companies with valuable insights to manage assets and operations more efficiently. World-class talent and software capabilities driving digital industrial transformation for big gains in productivity, availability and longevity.