NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Atlanta, GA, United States, 2016/07/29 - Rocket Software announced that its mainframe team will showcase the “mainframe for everyone” initiatives, including tools to let users program mainframes without using COBOL - RocketSoftware.com.
This will take place at SHARE July 31-August 5 in Atlanta. In addition, nine Rocket engineers and several customers will present their insights on mainframe-related topics, including data virtualization and an upcoming integration of the R programming language into mainframe environments.
• WHO: Rocket Software
• WHERE: SHARE Atlanta; Atlanta Marriott Marquis - Booth 413
• WHAT: Presentations on Mainframe Technologies and Solutions
• WHEN: July 31-August 5
The scheduled list of presentations includes:
• How BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Automated and Streamlined Their Backup, Recovery, and DR Robbie Rhodes (Blue Cross/Blue Shield)
• Database Encryption on z/OS for IMS and DB2 Thomas Hubbard
• Introduction to ICF Catalog Tuning Techniques Janet Sun; Stephen Branch (IBM)
• SDSF Enhancements and Product Direction Gary Puchkoff (IBM); Steve Bice
• What Security Access is Really Required to Perform My Job as Storage Administrator? Chris Taylor; Marty Hasegawa
• Take Your DB2 Analytics Accelerator to DB2 and Beyond Tim Willging; Anthony Ciabattoni
• Doing More for Less with Cloud Storage Janet Sun; Kevin Shaw
• Mainframe Data Virtualization on z Systems : Moving from Systems of Records to Systems of Insight Bryan Smith (Rocket CTO)
• DB2 Recovery on Steroids! Develop Your Recovery Muscles Tim Willging
Rocket will also be present in the SHARE expo hall at booth 413 to answer questions and showcase Rocket Software products for the mainframe. The company will also host a board game, and winners will take home gift cards if they can spot their Rocket mainframe products.
About Rocket Software
Rocket Software (rocketsoftware.com) is a technology company that helps organizations in the IBM ecosystem build solutions that meet today’s needs while extending the value of their technology investments for the future. Thousands of companies depend on Rocket to solve their most challenging business problems by helping them run their critical infrastructure, business processes, and data, as well as extend those assets to take advantage of cloud, mobile, analytics, and other future innovations. Founded in 1990, Rocket is based in Waltham, Massachusetts with locations in Europe, Asia, and Australia.