The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA), the leading global trade association for the mobile marketing industry, today announced the jury for the 2016 Annual Global Smarties awards program featuring the first CMO leading the panel. Supporting MMA’s marketer-first mission, Denise Karkos, Chief Marketing Officer of TD Ameritrade, assumes the role as the 2016 jury president. The MMA also added a new mobile audio awards category to the award program.
The 2016 jury, comprised of 28 senior brand and agency professionals, have been selected for their achievements, are respected for their industry leadership, and are trusted to judge with fairness and integrity as they select the world’s leading mobile marketing campaigns. The full jury list below.
Said jury president Karkos: “I’m honored to have been selected as Jury President for the 2016 MMA Global Smarties Awards. Given the importance of mobile marketing to our organization, I look forward to being inspired by best-in-class work that’s raising the bar in mobile. Being the first CMO selected as Jury President, I hope to bring a new perspective to the selection process, grounded in innovative work that not only pushes the boundaries of mobile, but truly helps brands impact their metrics and achieve their business objectives.”
“We are incredibly excited to have Denise Karkos head the impressive 2016 jury, which will further illuminate the marketer’s perspective on how brands are pushing the boundaries on mobile marketing in ways that are transforming both their business and consumer engagement,” said Sheryl Daija, chief strategy officer of the MMA. “As mobile continues to challenge the marketing status quo, it is critical to have a discerning group of judges who demand the highest standards and are focused equally on creativity and results.”
With more than 1,700 submissions from 30 plus countries received last year, the Global Smarties is the only worldwide mobile marketing awards program. The Smarties showcase the best-of-the-best in mobile marketing and determine new benchmarks for success. These groundbreaking campaigns are then converted into case studies which are incorporated into the largest Case Study Hub for mobile marketing in the world.
Entries will be judged on four criteria: strategy, execution, creativity and results. All entries will first be evaluated by the Smarties Pre-Screening Council, comprised of more than 100 senior-level mobile marketers. The Council will determine a short list, which will then be judged by the Global Smarties Jury in an all-day session in New York City on August 16. Finalists and winners will be honored at Global Smarties Celebration of Talent on September 26 at Pier Sixty in New York City, during Advertising Week.
2016 Smarties judging panel members include:
• Denise Karkos, CMO, TD Ameritrade: Global Smarties Jury President
• Jay Altschuler, VP/Media & Partnerships, Samsung
• Ron Amram, VP/Media, Heineken
• Matthew Brink, Senior Director/Creative, BBDO
• Julie Chan, Global Consumer Engagement Lead, Pfizer
• Mel Clements, VP/Senior Business Leader, MasterCard
• Christopher Cobb, Executive Creative Director/Second Story, SapientNitro
• Kristen D’Arcy, VP/Global Digital, Coty
• Christine Dilandro, SVP/Director of Media & Integrated Marketing, Citi, U.S. Cards
• Mark Egan, Chief Client Officer, Maxus
• Kimberly Gnatt, Global Group Director/Digital Marketing & Innovation, The Coca-Cola Company
• Gail Horwood, VP/Worldwide Digital Strategy, Johnson & Johnson
• Sherrill Kaplan, VP/Digital Marketing & Innovation, Dunkin’ Brands
• Jason Minyo, Executive Creative Director, Possible
• Matt Murphy, Partner/Executive Creative Director, 72andSunny
• Erik Norin, Creative Director, Wieden & Kennedy
• Chris Northam, Global Executive Creative Director, R/GA
• Jim O’Brien, 2VP of Digital & Social Marketing, Travelers Insurance
• Louis Paskalis, SVP/Enterprise Media Executive, Bank of America
• Rachel Pasqua, Practice Lead/Mobile and Emerging Technologies, MEC Global
• Yin Rani, VP/Integrated Marketing, Campbell Soup Company
• John Reid, Chief Creative Officer, Wunderman
• Brandon Rhoten, VP/Advertising, Media & Digital, The Wendy’s Company
• Heidi Schoeneck, EVP/Executive Director Creative, Geometry Global
• Karen Short, Creative Director, Droga5
• Alex Weishaupl, Group Director/Experience, Razorfish
• Kimberly Yarnell, VP/Digital Media, Macy’s
• Ronalee Zarate-Bayani, Head of Global Integrated Marketing and Digital Advancement, The Hershey Company
About the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA)
The MMA (mmaglobal.com) is the world’s leading global non-profit trade mobile marketing association comprised of more than 800 member companies, from nearly fifty countries around the world. Our members hail from every faction of the mobile marketing ecosystem, including brand marketers, agencies, mobile technology platforms, media companies, operators and others. The MMA’s mission is to accelerate the transformation and innovation of marketing through mobile, driving business growth with closer and stronger consumer engagement. Anchoring the MMA’s mission are four core pillars; to cultivate inspiration by driving innovation for the Chief Marketing Officer; to build the mobile marketing capabilities for marketing organizations through fostering know-how and confidence; to champion the effectiveness and impact of mobile through research providing tangible ROI measurement; and to advocate for mobile marketers. . Additionally, MMA industry-wide committees work collaboratively to develop and advocate global best practices and lead standards development.
Members include: 1-800-Flowers.com, Allstate, American Express, Bank Of America, Campbell’s, Chase, Chobani, Choice Hotels, Citi, Colgate-Palmolive, DataXu, Dunkin’ Brands, E*TRADE, Electronic Arts, ESPN, Facebook, Ford, Foursquare, Google, Havas, Hilton, iHeartMedia, InMobi, Johnson & Johnson, Krux, Marriott, MasterCard, McDonald’s, Mondelez, Nestle, OpenMarket, Pandora, Pfizer, Pinterest, PlaceIQ, Procter & Gamble, R/GA, RadiumOne, Razorfish, RetailMeNot, Samsung, SAP, Sears, Spotify, Starcom, The Coca-Cola Company, The Rubicon Project, The Weather Company, T-Mobile, TUNE, Ubimo, Unilever, Verve, VEVO, Vibes, Visa, Walmart, Wendy’s, xAd, Zurich and many more. The MMA’s global headquarters are located in New York with regional operations Asia Pacific (APAC), Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA) and Latin America (LATAM).
About TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation
Millions of investors and independent registered investment advisors (RIAs) have turned to TD Ameritrade’s (amtd.com) technology, people and education to help make investing and trading easier to understand and do. Online or over the phone. In a branch or with an independent RIA. First-timer or sophisticated trader. Our clients want to take control, and we help them decide how - bringing Wall Street to Main Street for more than 40 years. An official sponsor of the 2016 U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Teams, as well as an official sponsor of the National Football League, TD Ameritrade has time and again been recognized as a leader in investment services.
Brokerage services provided by TD Ameritrade, Inc., member FINRA (FINRA.org)/SIPC (SIPC.org)