RingCentral, Inc., a leading provider of cloud business communication solutions, today announced an expansion of its ecosystem and new capabilities of the RingCentral Connect™ Platform. Since the end of Q1 2015, RingCentral has more than tripled the number of registered developers, and third party applications in production have grown significantly. In addition, the number of API calls from third-parties has increase by more than 6X in the past quarter.
“Our vision is to provide an open communications platform that allows businesses to create seamless and integrated experiences, and set free new innovations that create tremendous customer value,” said David Lee, Vice President of Platform Products at RingCentral, “Since we announced the public beta of the RingCentral Connect Platform earlier this year, we’ve been happy to see the growth of our platform and the new innovations integrating RingCentral’s cloud communications capabilities into third-party business applications.”
Recent partners who have joined the RingCentral Connect Platform include the following:
• Apptivo an award-winning cloud-based suite of business apps that integrates with RingCentral to enable click-to-dial, inbound screen pop, and business reports that are enriched with communication data;
• Bpm’online A sales cycle and service management software that is integrated with RingCentral using their VOIP connector via SIP;
• Nutshell A CRM software that uses the RingCentral Softphone APIs for inbound screen pop and click-to-call for phone numbers within the customer app;
• Connectivity A leading provider of customer profiles offered to businesses, built an innovative BI solution for RingCentral customers so they can receive profile information based on phone numbers;
• TeamSupport A helpdesk, customer support software that integrates with the RingCentral Softphone to perform click-to-dial and inbound screen pop;
• PCRecruiter A recruiting management software uses the API for RingCentral Softphone calls and SMS texts;
• Sikka A practice management software, automatically presents critical and consolidated patient information immediately when a patient calls.
“We are committed to providing the best practice optimizer software for over 2.1 million retail health care doctors. The integration with RingCentral has allowed us to add communication capabilities into our product so Sikka continues to transform the patient experience, improve workflow and make communication more consistent across all channels,” said Vijay Sikka, the CEO and founder of Sikka Software Corporation. “RingCentral helps us tap into an unprecedented amount of data and insights, giving Sikka a leg up on competition within the $220 billion retail healthcare space that includes dentists, veterinarians, audiologists, optometrists and more.”
“By integrating RingCentral’s cloud business communication solutions with TeamSupport customer support software, our customers can further improve workflow efficiency while providing better customer support,” said Robert Johnson, CEO of TeamSupport. “Our solution provides a wealth of information and powerful customer insights to business users, and the integration with RingCentral adds an additional communication channel for integrated support and improved efficiency, while also providing a more seamless customer experience.”
Added SDKs and APIs
As part of RingCentral’s continued Platform expansion, the company is now making available PHP and C# SDKs, addressing significant demand among customers and developers. These additional SDK languages offer a refined and expanded set of simplified methods for accessing the RingCentral Connect Platform. In addition, new API calls have been added, including the three-legged OAuth API which allows applications to prompt users to log into RingCentral and grant the application access to specific resources associated with that account, such as call logs or recordings. Also, the Call Recording Access API has been added, allowing customers or partners to retrieve call recordings, and utilize them for data insights.
RingCentral, Inc. (ringcentral.com) is a leading provider of cloud-based business communications solutions. Easier to manage and more flexible than on-premises communications systems, RingCentral’s cloud solution meets the needs of modern distributed and mobile workforces. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, Calif. RingCentral, the RingCentral logo and RingCentral Connect are trademarks of RingCentral, Inc.