Veeam® Software, the innovative provider of solutions that deliver Availability for the Modern Data Center™, today announced highlights of its Q2 2015 results, including a 22 percent increase in total revenue bookings over the same period last year. In addition, Veeam reports a 64 percent year-over-year growth in revenue specifically from enterprise customers, with 70 percent of Fortune 500 and 48 percent of the Global 2000 now Veeam customers.
For the third consecutive year, Veeam has been included in the Visionaries quadrant of the 2015 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Backup Software and Integrated Appliances. “Organizations are increasingly making their backup product selection from vendors that offer expanded protection capabilities and techniques in addition to traditional backup software, as organizations have come to understand the value of backing up critical data via multiple methods, techniques and destinations,” writes Dave Russell, Vice President and Distinguished Analyst, Pushan Rinnen, Research Director, and Robert Rhame, Research Director, in this year’s Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Backup Software and Integrated Appliances.
“We continue to see enterprises migrate from legacy backup to modern data center availability solutions as they begin to realize that backup alone is not enough to meet the expectations of their stakeholders,” said Ratmir Timashev, CEO at Veeam. “During the last quarter we saw strong growth in not just our enterprise business, but we also broke the 150,000 barrier in terms of total number of customers, further indicating that businesses of all sizes are tired of legacy backup and are hungry for next generation availability solutions as delivered by Veeam.”
“Building a modern data center was the most cost-effective way of protecting our intellectual property,” said Andre Bromes, Senior Vice President and CIO at Goodwill® Industries of Greater New York and Northern New Jersey, Inc., which touches the lives of 95,000 people and places 8,400 individuals in jobs throughout the NYC metropolitan area each year. “Our goal is to ensure our intellectual property is secure and highly available to users 24x7. Our intellectual property is what enables us to deliver all of our services. Veeam not only gave us a way to protect our intellectual property but also a way to maintain the integrity of our data. With Veeam we get the most out of backup, recovery and replication. Veeam transformed IT for us, helping us move from a DR plan to a business continuity plan.”
Additional highlights from Q2 2015 include:
• New Veeam Availability Suite v9: IT leaders are eagerly anticipating the launch of the new Veeam Availability Suite v9 and the capabilities it can deliver - more than 10,000 Veeam users are already registered to receive news and feature updates of v9 prior to its general availability later this year. In addition, Veeam service provider partners are keenly interested in the new image-based VM replication capabilities being added to Veeam Cloud Connect, which will enable them to offer disaster recovery as a service (DRaaS), a market estimated to grow from $1.42 billion this year to $11.92 billion in 2020.*
• Strong growth in cloud: The Veeam Cloud Provider (VCP) program reported an increase of 88 percent in the number of transactions year-over-year. Veeam now has 8,500 service and cloud providers as part of the VCP program worldwide, including more than 850 service providers licensed to offer services for Veeam Cloud Connect.
• 157,000 customers in 200 countries: Veeam added 11,700 total paid customers, consistent with a historical average of adding approximately 3,500 new customers each month. Veeam’s availability solutions now protect 9.1M virtual machines worldwide.
• Microsoft Hyper-V new license bookings: 26 percent growth over the same period during the previous year.
• Expansion to 33,000 ProPartners worldwide: Veeam’s commitment to the channel continues to attract new resellers and VARs to our solutions.
• Employee growth: Veeam now employs 1,860 people worldwide.
VeeamON 2015: The World’s Premier Data Center Availability Event, will take place October 26 29, 2015 at the Aria Resort and Casino in Las Vegas, NV. For the second consecutive year, Veeam (veeam.com) will bring together industry-leading experts, Veeam customers and partners who will learn about enabling the Always-On Business. Registration is now open.