NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
San Francisco, CA, United States, 2015/02/19 - Workplace transforming in response to mobile in healthcare, education, and retail - ConstellationR.com.
New research conducted by Constellation Research reveals workplaces rapidly changing as companies adopt mobile technologies. Survey results revealed mobile transformation as a top priority for over eighty percent of respondents with eighty-two percent of responses indicating the presence of dedicated mobile transformation teams at their organizations. Data also indicated work trending away from the static desktop. More than fifty percent of respondents reported switching between devices more than six times per day, and traditional desktop computers are only used one-third of the time.
This data about the state of mobile transformation in the workplace comes from Constellation’s latest report,“The Strategic Impact of Mobile Transformation on Business Value” by Vice President and Principal Analyst, Alan Lepofsky. Over 500 qualified participants from healthcare, education, high tech, or retail comprised the respondent pool.
“When people hear the word mobile they immediately think of phones or tablets. Mobile needs to be thought of more as a style of working rather than a specific device," report author, Alan Lepofsky.
- Less than half of organizations have started to consider mobile transformation at the business model level. Only 48% of organizations have started to rethink the entire business process for mobile optimization
- Communication and collaboration top priorities for internal mobile transformation projects. 50% of organizations consider collaboration a top priority.
- Mobile support trumps mobile sales and marketing. Mobile support considered the top external priority for 59% of organizations.
- Device switching is the norm. Workers switch devices six times per day.
- Challenges of mobile workplace include “always on”-related stress, connectivity concerns, and battery life
- Diverse industries such as healthcare, education, retail, and high-tech should use mobile transformation to drive business value
- Constellation recommends using mobile transformation to enable greater organizational digital transformation
The Strategic Impact of Mobile Transformation on Business Value by Alan Lepofsky
About Alan Lepofsky
With almost two decades of experience in the software industry, Alan helps organizations understand how to develop, purchase and implement collaboration solutions. Rather than evangelizing how social software can change the way people work, he instead focuses on how organizations can improve their existing business processes by providing access to the colleagues, content and communities that can help people get their work done more effectively. His research agenda around the Future of Work includes: Digital Proficiency, Innovation, Purposeful Collaboration, Social Task Management, Collaborative Innovation, Digital Workplace Analytics.
About Constellation Research
Constellation Research (constellationr.com | constellationrg.com) is a leading business research and advisory firm that helps clients transform business models with disruptive technologies and progressive strategies. Constellation caters to clients who have talent, influence, and vision. This community of successful senior business leaders excel and continue to advance in their careers.