NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Kilmarnock, VA, United States, 2015/01/07 - GardenPlantingCalendar.com is a new website and interactive, online tool for gardeners of all levels to create personalized planting calendars and better plan their gardens and their time.
The Wallace Wright Group, LLC announced today the official launch of GardenPlantingCalendar.com, a website and online tool for gardeners to help plan when to start their seeds and plant seedlings both inside and out.
Developed by experienced gardeners who have always hated manually calculating when to plant seeds and seedlings, the website provides an easier and more organized way for gardeners of all experience levels to plan their plantings and manage their time. Using the website tools, end users do not have to look up or calculate any dates and, in fact, don't have to calculate anything manually at all -- the website does everything based on a user's zip code and the plants that they want to grow.
Highlights of the GardenPlantingCalendar.com website include:
· The website uses weather data based on the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) "Climate Normals" to calculate the average first and last frost dates for most US garden locations. NOAA's "Climate Normals" are calculated using the latest three-decade averages of data collected at various weather stations throughout the United States. Users simply enter in their 5 digit US zip code and the website calculates their frost dates based on the data averages from their nearest NOAA weather station.
· Unlike other online garden planning calendars, this system gives more control over when to start a garden and the amount of risk of frost each user is willing to take for their seeds and plants. Users can select dates where there is a 10%, 20%, 30%, 40%, or 50% chance of a frost occurring after the calendar start date.
· The website includes an extensive database of vegetables and fruits that users can select from to create their planting calendar. By simply checking off which plants a user want to grow, they can simplify their calendars to include only those plants. No wading through unnecessary information about plants they don't want to grow!
· GardenPlantingCalendar.com includes planting dates for both spring and fall gardens as well as the ability to plan and plant crops successively for a longer and more consistent harvest.
· Users can select which plants they would like to start from seed indoors, which plants they would like to direct sow by seed outside, and which plants they would like to plant as seedlings. The website calculates dates for each growing method depending on each user's individual preferences.
· After a calendar has been created, it is saved in the website for future reference. Users can log in at any time during their active subscription and view or change their calendar. What's more, users can view their calendar data in a list format by plant, a list format ordered chronologically by week, or in a traditional calendar layout.
· With Premium accounts, users can opt to receive weekly email reminders for the "to do" items in their saved individual garden calendar.