NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Ashburn, VA, United States, 2014/12/23 - Single rugged COTS enclosure supports lab development, demonstration and deployment application phases via simple configuration upgrades - CurtissWright.com. NYSE: CW
Curtiss-Wright Corporation today announced that its Defense Solutions division has introduced the industry’s first rugged air-cooled 3U 9-slot D2D™ chassis in a ¾ ATR Tall Long format. The new Hybricon® D2D™-34TLA enclosure enables a system integrator to use the same COTS enclosure throughout the complete program lifecycle, from development to demonstration and all the way to deployment.
The 9-slot 1” pitch OpenVPX™ D2D-34TLA enclosure is equally adept at supporting each distinct phase of a defense and aerospace embedded application. The D2D-34TLA eliminates the need to design a custom backplane, speeding the commencement of system design. The D2D-34TLA chassis uses a standard COTS backplane and I/O cabling, MIL 28V-input power, and an industrial grade fan.
When the application is ready for demonstration or deployment, the standard backplane and cables of the D2D-34TLA may be replaced with a custom backplane and I/O panel. The industrial fans may also be upgraded to MIL grade units. Curtiss-Wright’s unique D2D full design lifecycle enclosure approach speeds development, reduces costs and simplifies inventory and support. It is ideal for demanding SWAP-C constrained military, aerospace and first responder applications.
“Curtiss-Wright is dedicated to reducing risk, schedule and program cost for defense and aerospace system integrators,” said Lynn Bamford, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Defense Solutions division. “With our innovative Hybricon D2D-34TLA, we’ve extended the benefits of D2D to demanding programs using 3U air-cooled OpenVPX modules.”
D2D-34TLA Performance Features:
• 9-Slots supporting 3U, 1” pitch, air-cooled OpenVPX modules
• Standard pass-through cabling allowing configuration of any topology using Meritec VPXplus cabling
• Cooling of 14 CFM per slot
• Operating temperature -20 to +55°C (contact factory for extended temperature configurations).
• 1-2 modular, plug-in 3U VITA 62 28VDC-input power supplies per MIL-STD-704F
• Designed to meet MIL-STD-461F EMI
• Designed to meet ANSI/VITA 47 rugged air cooled shock & vibration levels
• Application specific variants are available
• D2D-34TLA Benefits:
• Supports lab development using lower cost industrial components
• Supports air/sea/field trials and deployment in moderately rugged applications
• Reduces program risk and conserves resources by leveraging one chassis for multiple program phases
The D2D-34TLA is shipping now. Please contact your Curtiss-Wright sales representative for pricing and lead time.
Sales inquiries: Please forward all Sales and reader service inquiries to Kavita Williams, Curtiss-Wright Defense Solutions, T: 661-705-1142 / F: 661-705-1206 - E: ds[.]curtisswright.com.
About Curtiss-Wright Corporation
Curtiss-Wright Corporation (curtisswright.com) is a global innovative company that delivers highly engineered, critical function products and services to the commercial, industrial, defense and energy markets. Building on the heritage of Glenn Curtiss and the Wright brothers, Curtiss-Wright has a long tradition of providing reliable solutions through trusted customer relationships. The company employs approximately 10,000 people worldwide.
All trademarks are property of their respective owners.