Question-and-answer sessions featuring John Barrowman (“Arrow,” “Torchwood”), William Shatner (Star Trek,“T.J. Hooker”), James Marsters (“Buffy The Vampire Slayer,” “Torchwood”), WWE® Divas The Bella Twins™, Manu Bennett (The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,“Arrow”), Alan Tudyk (“Firefly,” 42) and many others top the robust programming schedule at Wizard World San Antonio Comic Con, next Friday through Sunday, August 1-3 at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center. Most programming is included as part of the standard event admission.
Some of the highlights of the more than 60 scheduled panels are:
· Interactive Q&A sessions with Barrowman (Saturday, 5 pm.), Shatner (Saturday, 2 pm.) Marsters (Saturday, noon), The Bella Twins (Sunday, 4 pm.), Bennett (Sunday, 2 pm.), Tudyk (Saturday, 1 pm.), Jason David Frank (“Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers”; Saturday, 2 pm.),, Dean Cain (“Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman,” “Smallville,” Sunday, noon), Michael Rooker (“The Walking Dead,” Guardians of the Galaxy, Saturday, 4 pm.) and others.
· “The Fam Tour” meet and greets, featuring social media stars Nash Grier, Cameron Dallas, Hayes Grier and Carter Reynolds (Friday, 2 pm.; Saturday, 10 a.m) (Paid events)
· Informative discussions with noted creators Genese Davis, Adam Simon and J.R. Knoll (Friday, 5 pm.); Jai Nitz and Brett Booth (various times); Rich Knol, Kerry Tolan and Zechary Grey (Saturday, 11:30 am.); Michael Golden (Saturday, noon); Davis, Rob Prior and Eric Reeves (Saturday, 3:30 pm.); Tom Cook (Sunday, 12:30 pm.) and more
· Screening of The Crow (Saturday, 7 pm., preceded by 6:30 pm. “Creating the Crow with James O'Barr”)
· Debut of “Con Radio” with host Mo Lightning and Aaron Sagers, with special guest Jason David Frank (Saturday, 5:15 pm.)
· Costume contests for adults (Saturday, 7 pm.) and kids (Sunday, 3 pm.), plus cosplay-themed sessions with featured cosplayer Ivy Doomkitty, Wizard World personality Damian Beurer, Jonathon Vela and others
· Wizard World Comic Con Film Festival, featuring selected shorts and music videos (Friday, 5-8 pm., Saturday, 1:30-5:45 pm., Sunday, 1:30-4:30 pm.)
· Meet-and-greets with Jason David Frank (Saturday, 9:30 am.; Sunday, 9:30 am.) (Paid events)
· Kids Day (Sunday), with an array of kids and family activities designed just for the younger set, highlighted by the Half-Hour Of Power With The Green Power Ranger with Frank (1:30 pm.)
Unless noted, programming events take place in the designated General Programming Rooms at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center. VIP tickets or additional costs may apply to ensure access to select activities, as noted. (*Note: Frank Meet & Greets and “Fam Tour” panels require a separate ticket.)
Wizard World San Antonio is the ninth of 16 events currently scheduled in the 2014 series produced by Wizard World, Inc. and will also feature a top-drawer collection of well-known comics artists and writers and a variety of activities, exhibitors and special attractions.
About Wizard World
Wizard World (wizardworld.com) produces Comic Cons and pop culture conventions across North America that celebrate graphic novels, comic books, movies, TV shows, gaming, technology, toys and social networking. The events often feature celebrities from movies and TV, artists and writers, and events such as premieres, gaming tournaments, panels, and costume contests.