NewswireTODAY - /newswire/ -
Pitampura, New Delhi, India, 2014/07/02 - Inclination in the internet penetration, ease of shopping and availability of much wider product ranges to the customers online as compared to retail outlets are key factors responsible for escalation in the demand for online shopping in India.
India Handbag Industry Outlook to 2018 - Premium Segment and Online Retail to Lead the Growth” provides a comprehensive analysis of the market size of the handbag industry in India, market segmentation on the basis of product type (shoulder bags, hobos and totes, clutches and wallets, sling bags and others), utility of bags (casual, office and college handbags), by organizational structure (by organized and unorganized segment), by price (value, popular and premium segment) and by international and domestic brands. The report also entails the market share and company profiles of the major players in the organized segment of handbags. An analysis of the future of handbag market in India is provided on the basis of revenue of the market over next five years.
Rise in the personal disposable income, increase in the number of working women, widening exposure through internet, development of retailing and specialty stores and growing acceptance of handbags as a lifestyle product have contributed significantly to handbag industry in India. The handbag market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 17.1% from FY’2013-FY’2018.
The Indian handbag industry has grown at a rapid pace over the years. It has been majorly dominated by unorganized segment contributing ~% in the overall market in FY’2013. Da Milano and Hidesign are the leaders in the organized market with significant contribution in the revenue. The handbag market has been further categorized into casual, college and office bags with a maximum contribution of ~% by casual bags in FY’2013 in overall handbag market. The market has been segmented further on the basis of price by value, popular and premium segments with a highest contribution of ~% by value segment in FY’2013. On the basis of product type, handbag market has been segmented into shoulder bags, hobos and totes, clutches and wallets, sling bags and others. In India, shoulder bags, hobos and totes together contributed ~% to market revenue in FY’2013. Whereas revenue generated by the wallets and clutches in the overall handbag market was INR ~ million in FY’2008 which increased to INR ~ million in FY’2013, marking a CAGR of 8.3% during the period. Sling bags and cross body bags are other types of handbags and contributed ~% to the market revenue in FY’2013.
Da Milano is the largest contributor in the overall industry as well as in the organized handbag market in India with a market share of ~% in FY’2013 respectively, followed by Hidesign with a contribution of ~% in FY’2013 in the organized segment.
Online handbag sales have showcased an increasing trend by growing at a CAGR of 43.1% from FY’2008-FY’2013. An increase in the growth of e-commerce with the facilities of online shopping is also expected to contribute significantly to the growth of organized market in the coming five years.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
• The market size of the Indian Handbag Industry, FY’2008-FY’2013
• Market segmentation of Indian Handbag Industry by product type, FY’2008-FY’2013
• Market Segmentation of Indian Handbag Industry by utility (casual, college and office), FY’2008-FY’2013
• Market Segmentation of Indian Handbag Industry by Price, FY’2008-FY’2013.
• Market segmentation of Indian Handbag Industry by Organizational Structure, FY’2013
• Market segmentation of Indian Handbag Industry by International and Domestic brands, FY’2013
• Market Size of Indian Luxury Handbag Industry, FY’2008-FY’2013.
• Market Share of major players in the Indian Luxury Handbag Industry, FY’2013
• Market Size of Indian Online Handbag Industry, FY’2008-FY’2013.
• Market Segmentation of Indian Online handbag industry by Product type and Price Range, FY’2008-FY’2013.
• Market Share of leading players in the Indian Handbag Industry, FY’2008-FY’2013
• Market Share of major players in the Indian online handbag industry, FY’2013
• Trends and Developments in the Indian handbag industry
• Company profiles of major players in the handbag market of India
• Future outlook and projections on the basis of revenue and by organizational structure, price and utility in Indian handbag market, FY’2013-FY’2018.