NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Iselin, NJ, United States, 2014/06/16 - [Heal, Educate, Reach, and Overcome] Nurse Service Award, established to recognize nurses who have made lasting impressions on their peers, patients, profession, and community - AnsellHERO.com.
The 2014 contest was launched at the 61st annual AORN (Association of periOperative Registered Nurses) Congress held
March 30 - April 2, 2014 in Chicago, IL. The program began with nurses being nominated by their peers, followed by a voting period. The 10 nominees receiving the most votes from peers, friends, and family, were named the winners of the 2014 Ansell H.E.RO. Nurse Service Award. Each winner will receive a H.E.R.O. Nurse Service Award Plaque, nursing reference book of their choice, and will have their story profiled online at ansellhero.com. This year’s winners include:
• Grace Gildea, RN, Overlook Medical Center, NJ
• Patricia Decker Boniello, RN, Monmouth Medical Center, NJ
• Betsy Ball, RN, Englewood Hospital, NJ
• Marilyn Azuelo, BSN, RN, CNRN, Morristown Medical Center, NJ
• Jodi Gauthier, RN, Case Manager, Hospice of Michigan
• Linda Easter, Neurology Specialty Nurse, Arkansas Children's Hospital
• Rita Sanders, RN, Noble Hospital, MA
• Jeanne LaFountain, RN, Educator & Lt Col in Air Force Reserves, Ross Heart Hospital (Ohio State University) and U.S. Air Force
• Belva Dyer, Rehabilitation Specialty Nurse, Arkansas Children's Hospital
• Jennifer Butch, Nurse Manager, Operating Rooms, Penn State Hershey Medical Center
In addition to highlighting outstanding nominees, this year’s program saw monumental jumps in participation. Year-over-year results rose by hundreds, and in some categories, thousands of percentage points. Votes came in at 32,172 a 50,000% increase over last year. Total visits to the Ansell H.E.R.O. website soared from 818 to 39,358. Overall nominations climbed from 20 to 81, and confirmed nominations rose from nine to 56. These numbers become even more impactful when you take into account that the 2013 program ran two months longer.
“On behalf of everyone at Ansell, we would like to congratulate all of the nominees, especially the very deserving top 10,” says Anthony López, President and General Manager, Medical Solutions at Ansell. “Our appreciation and admiration for what nurses do is endless, and we are thrilled that this year’s program has received such exceptional exposure, so that these nurses can be widely recognized for their tireless contributions.”
Stay tuned for more details on the 2015 H.E.R.O. Nurse Service Award, including entry and nomination dates. To learn more about the 2014 winners, visit the Ansell Gallery of H.E.RO.s at ansellhero.com/.
Ansell (ansell.com) is a world leader in providing superior health and safety protection solutions that enhance human well-being.
With operations in North America, Latin America/Caribbean, EMEA and Asia, Ansell employs more than 13,500 employees worldwide and holds leading positions in the personal protective equipment and medical gloves market, as well as in the sexual health and well-being category worldwide. Ansell operates in four main business segments: Medical Solutions, Industrial Solutions, Specialty Markets and Sexual Wellness. Ansell Protects.