NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
York, PA, United States, 2014/01/03 - KioWare kiosk mode software has released KioWare Lite, KioWare Kiosk Basic, and KioWare Full Version 7.1.0, and KioWare Server Version 4.8.3 - KioWare.com.
Analytical Design Solutions Inc. (ADSI) has released Version 7.1.0 of KioWare Lite, KioWare Kiosk Basic, and KioWare Full with Server. These products act as a kiosk mode, securing the Operating System and Desktop of your Windows device. Version 4.8.3 of KioWare Server, remote monitoring and reporting software, has also been released.
Important new features include support for Internet Explorer 11 and KioWare License Server. Also new to KioWare Kiosk Basic and KioWare Full are support and functionality additions to devices such as the RFID Readers, Magtek MSR devices, and barcode scanners.
KioWare Lite (for Windows) new features include:
• Internet Explorer 11 Support
• KioWare License Server Support
• Add-On support for manipulating toolbar controls
• Add-On support for manipulating exit behavior.
KioWare Kiosk Basic & Full with Server (for Windows) new features include all of the aforementioned KioWare Lite features, as well as the following:
• Support for FEIG USB RFID Reader
• Zebra ZXP additional functionality
• Additional support for encrypted Magtek MSR devices
• Improved support for 2D Barcodes with symbol scanners
KioWare has released KioWare Server 4.8.3.
The Server side console of KioWare Full with Server (for Windows) has the following new features:
• Identify kiosks by network name rather than IP address
• Send an automated email when new kiosks are created on the server
• Console support for disabling user password changes.
All of these products are available as a free 500-hour demo at kioware.com. Existing clients have the ability to upgrade online.
KioWare has been providing OS, desktop, and browser lockdown security for the kiosk and self-service industry since 2001.
About ADSI, developers of KioWare Kiosk Software
Founded in 1991 to provide client server software development, Analytical Design Solutions Inc. (ADSI) developed KioWare (kioware.com), award winning kiosk system software for the Windows OS in 2001, and KioWare for Android software in 2012. KioWare deploys browser-based applications into a kiosk mode environment easily and inexpensively, securing the operating system, and allowing users to access only the application. Each client has the ability to customize KioWare to his or her needs, with a product line ranging from basic browser-lockdown to server based remote monitoring.