NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 2013/12/12 - Global Business Intelligence (BI) and analytics software vendor, Yellowfin, and Actian Corporation, a next-generation leader in Big Data Analytics, will host a series of use-case-oriented Big Data Analytics Webinars.
Global Business Intelligence (BI) and analytics software vendor, Yellowfin, and Actian Corporation, a next-generation leader in Big Data Analytics, will host a series of use-case-oriented Big Data Analytics Webinars throughout Monday 16 and Tuesday 17 December 2013.
The Webinar series will demonstrate, using a genuine case study example from the telecommunications industry, how to go from data in Hadoop to dashboard in just 40-minutes.
“Attendees will discover how to combine Hadoop with the most advanced Big Data tools, and world’s easiest BI solution, to quickly generate real business value from Big Data Analytics,” said Yellowfin Chief Operations Officer, Justin Hewitt.
“The Big Data Analytics with Hadoop Webinar series will combine CDR data stored in Hadoop quickly connecting, preparing, optimizing and analyzing this data in a tangible real-world use case to easily deliver actionable insights to anyone, anywhere, anytime,” said Actian Marketing Manager APAC, John Ryan.
Ryan said that Webinar participants would learn how to:
• Connect to Big Data: Connect live to streaming CDR data in Hadoop;
• Prepare Big Data: Transform CDR logs into a rich structured format;
• Optimize Big Data: Parallel load at high speeds into Actian’s Big Data Analytics platform;
• Analyze Big Data: Discover new insights with fast queries inside an effortlessly intuitive BI platform;
• Deliver pervasive Big Data insights: Learn how to empower all analytics stakeholders to understand, explore, share and act on Big Data Analytics quickly;
• Communicate insights attained from Big Data: Optimize the value of Big Data insights by learning how to effectively communicate analytical information to defined user groups and types.
Hewitt said the Webinar series would suit organizations that:
• Want to act on more data and data types in shorter timeframes;
• Want to understand the steps involved in achieving Big Data success both front and back-end;
• Thought taking action from Big Data was too costly and complex.
“If you think that you and your company could benefit from understanding how to better leverage your growing data assets, then this Webinar is a must,” said Hewitt.
There are three concise 40-minute Webinars scheduled throughout Monday 16 and Tuesday 17 December 2013.
About Actian - Take Action on Big Data
Actian (actian.com) powers the action-driven enterprise in the Age of Data, delivering rapid time to analytic value with a modular approach that connects data assets behind the scenes, enables unconstrained analytics and scales almost without limits. The Actian DataCloud Integration and ParAccel Big Data Analytics Platforms help organizations leverage data assets for competitive advantage, delivering highly parallelized software that fully exploits modern chip, core and cluster infrastructures. Its scalable solutions deliver powerful business results for industry innovators. Actian serves tens of thousands of users worldwide and is headquartered in Redwood City, California.
Yellowfin (yellowfinbi.com) is a global Business Intelligence (BI) and analytics software vendor passionate about making BI easy. Yellowfin is headquartered and developed in Melbourne, Australia, offering a highly intuitive 100 percent Web-based reporting and analytics solution. Founded in 2003 in response to the complexity and costs associated with implementing and using traditional BI tools, Yellowfin is a leader in mobile, collaborative and embeddable BI as well as Location Intelligence and data visualization.
John Ryan, Marketing Manager, Actian on +61 3 8530 1722 or john.ryan[.]actian.com.