BRP expands its innovative Evinrude E-TEC Pontoon Series line-up with a new Evinrude E-TEC 65 HP model. The Evinrude E-TEC 65 HP Pontoon Series is the ideal choice for any smaller-to-midsize pontoon application.
Last June, BRP unveiled its Evinrude E-TEC Pontoon Series outboards with the 90, 115 and 150 horsepower options; ideal for any midsize-to-larger pontoon application.
“The initial response to our Pontoon Series has been overwhelmingly positive, and we are pleased to expand this innovative and unparalleled line-up,” said Alain Villemure, vice president and general manager of BRP’s Marine Propulsion Systems division. “The Evinrude E-TEC 65 HP Pontoon Series is the perfect option for pontoon owners who want maximum performance, comfort and convenience in this horsepower segment.”
Like all Evinrude E-TEC Pontoon Series offerings, the Evinrude E-TEC 65 HP model is the only outboard engine specifically designed to meet the needs of pontoon owners in the 60-75 HP segment. Best-in-class features of the Evinrude E-TEC 65 HP Pontoon Series include:
• Application Specific Gear Ratio Provides more torque and higher thrust for quicker acceleration, improved throttle response and more power to stop when needed
• Remote Oil Tank Reservoir Affords easy access for checking and re-filling, and with a combined oil capacity up to 2.25 gallons, the time between fill ups can be extended by more than two years for the average pontoon user
• Comes standard on the E65SL model and offered as an accessory on E65SNL
• Specifically Designed Motor Mounts State-of-the-art framework reduces vibration by up to 40 percent, giving pontoon owners a quieter and more enjoyable boating experience
• Superior Electrical Output - With more than twice the charging capacity of competitors, the 65 HP Pontoon Series will deliver enough power to run all of today’s outboard electronics without draining the batteries
• Ultra-low Emissions Besides a CARB 3-Star certification, carbon monoxide levels are up to 50 times lower than competitive offerings at idle speeds
• Lower Maintenance 3 years or 300 hours or no dealer scheduled maintenance means no annual tune-ups or oil changes, reducing operating costs and allowing for more time on the water
• Auto Winterization The 65 HP Pontoon Series fogs itself automatically in minutes, which not only saves pontoon owners a costly trip to the dealer, but also extends their boating season
The Evinrude E-TEC 65 HP Pontoon Series (evinrudenation.com) will be available for delivery in early spring 2014 in North America.
BRP's Evinrude engine line-up from 3.5 to 300 horsepower offers customers superior value across a full range of applications. Engines are available at authorized Evinrude dealerships worldwide.
BRP (brp.com) is a global leader in the design, development, manufacturing, distribution and marketing of powersports vehicles. Distributed in 105 countries, its portfolio of brands and products includes Ski‑Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-Doo watercraft, Can-Am all-terrain and side-by-side vehicles, Can‑Am roadsters, Evinrude outboard engines, as well as Rotax propulsion systems. BRP employs approximately 6,800 people worldwide.
Ski-Doo, Lynx, Sea-Doo, Evinrude, Rotax, Can-Am, Spyder and the BRP logo are trademarks of Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. or its affiliates.
For information about Evinrude products: Taylor Fitts
T: : 704.644.6926 - E: tfitts[.]taylorstrategy.com.