NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Pune, India, 2013/12/05 - Infosys announced that its BPO building at the Hinjewadi campus in Pune, has been awarded the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) India ‘Platinum’ rating by the Indian Green Building Council. NYSE: INFY
Infosys, a global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing, today announced that its BPO building at the Hinjewadi campus in Pune, has been awarded the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) India ‘Platinum’ rating by the Indian Green Building Council, the highest recognition for sustainable building design. With this, Infosys now has a total of eight buildings covering more than 2.5 million square feet of space that have garnered the prestigious Platinum rating.
The LEED Green Building Rating System is a globally accepted benchmark for design, construction and operation of high-performance green buildings.
Key features of the BPO 2 Building in Pune include:
• Efficient lighting: The use of LED and T5 lamps has resulted in 40 percent more efficient lighting than global ASHRAE standards.
• Innovative wastewater technologies: The building has dual plumbing lines which facilitates recycling of water, which is used for landscaping, air conditioning and flushing.
• Reduction in water consumption: Low-flow fixtures and the use of recycled water have resulted in a 60 percent reduction in water consumption.
• Use of local materials: About two-thirds of the materials used for the project were manufactured within 800 km of the project site.
• Efficient HVAC design: Chilled beams and dedicated outdoor air systems are provided with chilled water from the district energy system. This design has resulted in 46 percent higher efficiency compared to ASHRAE baseline standards.
Quote: Ramadas Kamath, Senior Vice President, Infosys:
“At Infosys, our sustainability initiatives are focused on the reduction of our energy and water consumption. This building has been constructed with a holistic approach to sustainability. Several features such as an efficient envelope with high performance windows, insulated walls and roof, ventilation system, chilled water distribution system, as well as reduced interior lighting power density make this building extremely energy efficient."
About Infosys Green Initiatives
Infosys has taken great strides during the past five years to become sustainable in its operations. The company is working to reduce its per capita electricity consumption by 50 percent from 2007-2008 levels and to source all its electricity needs from renewable resources by the end of 2017. Between 2007 and 2013, Infosys reduced its per capita electricity consumption by 40 percent. The company’s per capita water consumption declined by 34 percent and GHG emissions dropped by 15.3 percent during the same period. The company encourages employees to endorse sustainable practices that reduce their daily consumption of resources. Infosys Eco Clubs (employee driven initiative to endorse green practices) are passionate partners in these efforts. The company has over 2.5 million square feet of LEED Platinum rated and GRIHA five star rated buildings. To know more about sustainability at Infosys, please click here
Infosys (infosys.com) is a global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing solutions. We enable clients, in more than 30 countries, to stay a step ahead of emerging business trends and outperform the competition. We help them transform and thrive in a changing world by co-creating breakthrough solutions that combine strategic insights and execution excellence.