Future, the international media group and leading digital business, today unveils NGIN, the new branded commercial unit that will drive end-to-end multi-platform content marketing solutions for major UK client and agency partners.
Delivering end-to-end services as clients and agencies move through the planning process, NGIN will offer in-depth strategy, audience insight, dedicated editorial, content marketing, innovative multi-platform solutions, project management and real-time results analysis.
Utilising Future’s major online consumer research programme, the illuminate Panel, Future is able to provide compelling insight to clients and agencies in core sectors including technology, games, film, music, cycling and photography reaching over 11 million in the UK and more than 42 million internationally. Through these findings Future can work with partners to provide a strategic, bespoke, cross-platform solution, with a dedicated editorial team driving the creative idea. Future will also be able to provide real-time results analysis to adapt the campaign while it is still live.
The NGIN concept was born from Future’s growing track record of success in creating and successfully executing major integrated campaigns for national and international clients. Recent six-figure eight- and six-month campaigns for O2 Gurus and Carphone Warehouse are template examples.
The Carphone Warehouse campaign stemmed from research that indicated consumers take up to three months to review options for their next handset purchase. Using this insight, Future was able to utilise its technology brands to co-create best-in-class multi-platform content, which allows Carphone Warehouse to target consumers early in this consideration period. Future’s technology brands including TechRadar, T3 and Gizmodo UK have a reach over 22 million technology enthusiasts globally each month and more than five million in UK, and the campaign has already delivered over 600,000 unique browsers in the first six weeks.
James Ranson, Director of Advertising, Future UK, says: “As the market develops, clients and agencies expect us to deliver ever more complex campaigns. Whether it is creating video and content that is used both within our sites and beyond, through to tailored creative that works for the specific campaign, Future is now in a position to offer and crucially deliver all these facets of a campaign.”
Nial Ferguson, Managing Director, Future UK, says: “The creation of NGIN combines the strength of Future’s brands with the insight and expertise within the business to look beyond advertising. We can now offer our partners an end-to-end multi-platform content marketing solution that works with conventional advertising to create a more cohesive and an impactful story.”
Future’s hugely successful content marketing partnership with Tesco: Home of Gaming won Commercial Partnership 2013 at this year’s AOP Awards, while Future’s insight team won Best Research On Magazine Digital Products at FIPP’s 2013 Research Awards.
Future has been named Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for three years in a row by the Association of Online Publishers (2011, 2012, 2013) and is currently the Professional Publishers Association Digital Publisher of the Year and the British Media Awards Media Company of the Year.
About Future plc
• Future plc (futureplc.com) is an international media group and leading digital business, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
• Future has been named Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for three years in a row by the Association of Online Publishers (2011, 2012, 2013) and has been named the Professional Publishers Association Digital Publisher of the Year for two consecutive years (2012, 2013). • • Future is also the British Media Awards Media Company of the Year.
• We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating more than 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
• We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Games, Guitar, Creative and Sport & Auto sectors.
• We attract more than 57 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com and musicradar.com.
• Future sold more than 18 million magazines last year, that’s 34 magazines sold every minute. Our most well-known brands include T3, Cycling Plus, Total Film, Mollie Makes and Xbox: The Official Magazine.
• Future has developed its own app-creation software, FutureFolio. We produce over 100 digital editions, and have sold over 5 million digital issues in the last year.
• Future exports or syndicates 225 publications to over 89 countries, making us the UK’s number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.