Wizard World, Inc. and Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. today announced a partnership by which Sinclair becomes the Official Media Partner of the inaugural 2013 Wizard World Nashville Comic Con, Oct. 18-20 at the Music City Center. Sinclair operates three stations in the market, including Fox17 (WZTV), CW58 (WNAB) and My30 (WUXP).
The agreement includes a series of exclusive contests to be conducted through on-air, website and social media channels, including VIP Experience giveaways for noted Wizard World Nashville Comic Con celebrity guests Stan Lee, Bruce Campbell, Norman Reedus and Chandler Riggs. Fans should visit the FBk pages and Websites of Fox17, CW58, My30 and Wizard World for more details and to enter.
The partnership also affords the stations with certain exclusive content in coverage of the event, which in addition to Lee, Campbell, Reedus and Riggs features headliners WWE® Superstar Daniel Bryan®, Henry Winkler, Billy Dee Williams, Eliza Dushku and more. Superstar comics creators, a world-class lineup of topical programming, costume contest, movie screenings, evening parties and more.
All three stations will also air Wizard World Nashville Comic Con advertisements in the days preceding the event.
“Wizard World is pleased to work with such a respected organization as Sinclair Media Group at our inaugural Nashville Comic Con,” said John Macaluso, Wizard World CEO and Chairman. “It can also serve as a model for media partnerships in our expanded, 15-event series in 2014.”
Fox 17, CW 58, and MyTV 30 are excited about partnering with Wizard World in order to help promote the first ever Nashville Comic Con. With programing such as “The Big Bang Theory,” “Arrow” and “Sleepy Hollow,” it’s the perfect partnership to reach the comic book and entertainment fans all across Middle Tennessee.
Wizard World Comic Con events bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop-fi, pop culture, movies, graphic novels, comics, toys, video gaming, television, sci-fi, gaming, original art, collectibles, contests and more. Wizard World Nashville Comic Con show hours are Friday, Oct. 18, 3-8 pm.; Saturday, Oct. 19, 10 am.-7 pm., Sunday, Oct. 20, 10 am.-5 pm.
About Sinclair Broadcast Group
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is one of the largest and most diversified television broadcasting companies in the country today. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides sales services to 149 television stations in 76 markets, after pending transactions. Sinclair's television group reaches approximately 38% of US television households and includes FOX, ABC, MyTV, CW, CBS, NBC, Univision and Azteca affiliates.
About Wizard World:
Wizard World (wizardworld.com) produces Comic Cons and pop culture conventions across North America that celebrate graphic novels, comic books, movies, TV shows, gaming, technology, toys and social networking. The events often feature celebrities from movies and TV, artists and writers, and events such as premieres, gaming tournaments, panels, and costume contests.
Wizard World 2013 Schedule
• October 18-20 Wizard World Nashville Comic Con
• November 22-24 Wizard World Austin Comic Con
Wizard World 2014 Schedule
• January 24-26 Wizard World Portland Comic Con
• February 7-9 Wizard World New Orleans Comic Con
• March 7-9 Wizard World Sacramento Comic Con
• March 28-30 Wizard World Louisville Comic Con
• April 4-6 Wizard World St. Louis Comic Con
• May 2-4 Wizard World Minneapolis Comic Con
• May 30-June 1 Wizard World Atlanta Comic Con
• June 19-22 Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con
• August 1-3 Wizard World San Antonio Comic Con
• August 21-24 Wizard World Chicago Comic Con
• September 12-14 Wizard World Richmond Comic Con
• September 26-28 Wizard World Nashville Comic Con
• October 11-12 Wizard World Austin Comic Con
• October 31-November 2 Wizard World Ohio Comic Con
• November 7-9 Wizard World Tulsa Comic Con.