Eisner Award Hall of Famer Neal Adams (“Batman,” “Green Lantern”),“Mr Garcin” (“Spider-Man,” “Captain America”), Guy Gilchrist (“NANCY,” “Jim Henson's Muppets”) and Mico Suayan (“The Punisher,” “Wolverine”) headline the nearly 100 comics artists and writers scheduled to attend the inaugural Wizard World Nashville Comic Con, October 18-20 at Music City Center. It is the seventh in the 2013 series produced by Wizard World, Inc. and will also feature a top-drawer collection of top celebrities and a variety of activities, exhibitors and special attractions.
In addition to Eisner Hall of Famer Stan Lee, who will appear on Saturday, Oct. 19, in the celebrity area, standouts at the Nashville Comic Con Artist Alley will include Fernando Dagnino (“Suicide Squad,” “Superman”), Mike Grell (“Green Arrow,” “Green Lantern”),“Zombie King” Arthur Suydam (“Marvel Zombies,” “Army of Darkness”), Michael Golden (“Hulk,” “Daredevil”), Greg Horn (“Guardians of the Galaxy”,“The Avengers”) and Freddie Williams II (“Green Arrow,” “Captain Atom”).
Additionally, all full price attendees will receive a free copy of the Exclusive Variant Cover of The Walking Dead #1 comic, available only at Wizard World Nashville Comic Con. The Wizard World artist to draw the cover will be announced soon.
Norman Reedus of “The Walking Dead,” WWE® Superstar Daniel Bryan® and “The Fonz” Henry Winkler are among the top celebrities scheduled to attend the event. The standout roster will also include Bruce Campbell of Evil Dead, Eliza Dushku of “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” pop culture icon Billy Dee Williams and many others.
Wizard World Comic Con events bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop-fi, pop culture, movies, graphic novels, comics, toys, video gaming, television, sci-fi, gaming, original art, collectibles, contests and more. Wizard World Nashville Comic Con show hours are Friday, Oct. 18, 3-8 pm.; Saturday, Oct. 19, 10 am. - 7 pm., Sunday, Oct. 20, 10 am. - 5 pm.
A first-class lineup of topical programming takes place all three days at the event, with celebrity Q&A's, comics-themed sessions, costume contest, movie screenings, evening parties and more. Sunday, Oct. 20, is also Kids Day, with an array of activities and programming specially designed for the younger Wizard World fans.
Nashville Comic Con is also the place for cosplay, with fans young and old showing off their best costumes throughout the event. Fans dressed as every imaginable character and some never before dreamed will roam the convention floor, often stopping by the Cosplay Stage, the ideal place to see and be seen.
About Wizard World:
Wizard World (wizardworld.com) produces Comic Cons and pop culture conventions across North America that celebrate graphic novels, comic books, movies, TV shows, gaming, technology, toys and social networking. The events often feature celebrities from movies and TV, artists and writers, and events such as premieres, gaming tournaments, panels, and costume contests.
Wizard World 2013 Schedule
• October 18-20 Wizard World Nashville Comic Con
• November 22-24 Wizard World Austin Comic Con
Wizard World 2014 Schedule
• January 24-26 Wizard World Portland Comic Con
• February 7-9 Wizard World New Orleans Comic Con
• March 7-9 Wizard World Sacramento Comic Con
• March 28-30 Wizard World Louisville Comic Con
• April 4-6 Wizard World St. Louis Comic Con
• May 2-4 Wizard World Minneapolis Comic Con
• May 30-June 1 Wizard World Atlanta Comic Con
• June 19-22 Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con
• August 1-3 Wizard World San Antonio Comic Con
• August 21-24 Wizard World Chicago Comic Con
• September 12-14 Wizard World Richmond Comic Con
• September 26-28 Wizard World Nashville Comic Con
• October 11-12 Wizard World Austin Comic Con
• October 31-November 2 Wizard World Ohio Comic Con
• November 7-9 Wizard World Tulsa Comic Con.