Today Mimecast launched a range of cloud services and service bundles designed to enhance the core capabilities of Microsoft Office 365 in the areas of archiving, continuity and security. Mimecast expects IT administrators currently on, or considering migrating to, Office 365 to use its services to address a common need for extended compliance, governance, security and email continuity capabilities.
Mimecast Services for Office 365 also offer end-users anytime anywhere secure access to their full email and file archive from smartphones, tablets or the web with the added assurance of email availability in the event of any service issues with Office 365. In addition, users can send and receive files up to 2GB without leaving Outlook, by using Mimecast’s Large File Send capability.
Mimecast also believes IT administrators will utilize its services to support the safe and efficient migration of their mail environment from on-premises Microsoft Exchange (or other email services) to Office 365. In addition, Mimecast can facilitate the management of hybrid on-premise and cloud environments, where customers may wish to have some mailboxes managed on-site and others in the cloud.
Grant Hodgkinson, Product Director, Mimecast, added: “Office 365 is proving to be a popular consideration for many enterprises looking to reduce complexity and cost by using the cloud. If you want to use the cloud for productivity, messaging and collaboration, Office 365 is good, but with the addition of these Mimecast services, it is now great.”
He added: “Mimecast is the ultimate cloud companion if you are using Office 365 or looking to migrate. We bring a broad set of additional capabilities that are good for end-users who want email to be there 100% of the time and need to access their archive anywhere at any time. Plus we address, in a simple way, the serious compliance, governance, security and continuity concerns that have made some IT administrators resistant to the cloud and cautious about Office 365.”
Mimecast Services for Office 365 product detail:
• Mimecast Gateway Services for Office 365 a set of enhanced email gateway tools that provide end-users with security features embedded directly in Outlook, and give email administrators additional powerful email management capabilities. These include Data Leak Prevention, email encryption, document services, Enhanced Message Routing to facilitate migrations and support hybrid deployment scenarios, inbound and outbound spam and malware protection for email and attachments.
• Mimecast Continuity Services for Office 365 this extends the availability of Office 365 in the event of a service outage with a 100% availability for email, allowing end users to continue to send and receive email seamlessly without downtime backed by Mimecast’s Service Level Agreement.
• Mimecast Archive Services for Office 365 adds a compliant and read-only archive to all Office 365 plans that delivers advanced ediscovery, legal hold and scalable ‘bottomless’ email retention tools. End-user access to their full personal email archive, including documents, is available through Microsoft Outlook, smartphones, tablets and browsers.
• Mimecast UEM Express for Office 365 this brings together Mimecast Gateway Services for Office 365 and Continuity Services for Office 365 in a powerful, unified email management platform delivered from a single management interface.
• Mimecast UEM Enterprise for Office 365 this is Mimecast’s full suite of cloud-based email management tools, including email security, email archiving, email continuity, mobile services and file archiving all tuned perfectly to enhance Office 365 for the enterprise.
Mimecast (mimecast.com) delivers cloud-based email management for Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Office 365, including archiving, continuity and security. By unifying disparate and fragmented email environments into one holistic solution that is always available from the cloud, Mimecast minimizes risk and reduces cost and complexity, while providing total end-to-end control of email. Founded in the United Kingdom in 2003, Mimecast serves more than 7,000 customers and 1.8 million users worldwide and has offices in Europe, North America, Africa, Asia Pacific and the Channel Islands.
UK and international: Emilie Bernoux - Fleishman Hillard for Mimecast
T: +44 (0)207 306 9000 - E: Lon.mimecast[.]fleishman.com.
US: Mallory Cloutier - SHIFT Communications for Mimecast
T: 617-779-1888 - E: mimecast[.]shiftcomm.com.
South Africa: Thomas Mills - Text100 for Mimecast
T: +27 11 77 55 700 - E: Thomas.Mills[.]text100.co.za.