GE Healthcare, a division of General Electric Company (NYSE:GE), will introduce and demonstrate its newest tools to help in-house clinical engineering teams deliver more cost-effective, productive service at the AAMI 2013 Conference & Expo taking place June 1-3, 2013 in Long Beach, California.
In-house clinical engineers play an increasingly vital role in patient care as the volume of clinical devices at a patients’ bedside and the size of the networks that support them continue to grow. To meet the evolving needs of in-house departments, GE Healthcare has developed a flexible portfolio of service features and informatics that provide swift access to GE’s expertise and support.
“In-house clinical engineers have taken on increasingly critical and demanding role in today’s hospitals, and are under greater budgetary pressures than ever,” said Richard Neff, Vice President of US and Canada Service. “At GE Healthcare, we are committed to collaborating with members of the in-house biomedical community to help them tackle these challenges while maintaining the level of service that is critical for patient care.”
At AAMI 2013, GE Healthcare will introduce OnWatch for Clinical Networks a new application of GE’s predictive analytics OnWatch technology that enables biomedical engineers to continuously monitor medical equipment and receive alerts any time there is an outage, device malfunction, or intrusion within a clinical network. Leveraging this web application-based system, in-house teams can identify and resolve service issues before they lead to crises, and minimize unplanned downtime and the need for urgent maintenance events. Specifically, OnWatch for Clinical Networks gives in-house teams the ability to:
• View which specific devices on the network have technical abnormalities when benchmarked against other network devices.
• View a complete report of each network devices’ service history, which is helpful in detecting “problem” devices.
• Isolate equipment malfunctions and help to shut down parts of the network in a controlled manner when needed.
• Remotely monitor and access network devices from any location with an IP connection.
GE Healthcare will also highlight AssurePoint In-House Access an integrated, customizable solution where GE collaborates with in-house clinical engineering teams to help further their goals of increasing productivity and asset availability and lowering administrative costs. Key features include:
• Parts Ordering & Management: Helps teams eliminate hours spent chasing suppliers;
• Training Module: Cost effective access to online technical and EHS training programs and competency assessments;
• Accreditation Readiness: Enables teams to test the readiness of equipment management program for Centers for Medicaid and Medicare (CMS), The Joint Commission (TJC), Det Norske Veritas (DNV), and Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) compliance;
• Test Equipment Calibration: Helps provide teams with necessary calibrations to test equipment as needed;
• Physical Inventory: Provides teams tools, including barcodes, to generate a complete and accurate inventory of all clinical assets.
To learn more about GE Healthcare’s latest offerings for in-house biomedical engineers at the AAMI 2013 Conference & Expo, visit GE Booth #103 at the Long Beach Convention Center.
About GE Healthcare
GE Healthcare (gehealthcare.com) provides transformational medical technologies and services that are shaping a new age of patient care. Our broad expertise in medical imaging and information technologies, medical diagnostics, patient monitoring systems, drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies, performance improvement and performance solutions services help our customers to deliver better care to more people around the world at a lower cost. In addition, we partner with healthcare leaders, striving to leverage the global policy change necessary to implement a successful shift to sustainable healthcare systems.
Our “healthymagination” vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing costs, increasing access and improving quality around the world. Headquartered in the United Kingdom, GE Healthcare is a unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE). Worldwide, GE Healthcare employees are committed to serving healthcare professionals and their patients in more than 100 countries.