NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Paris, France, 2013/04/22 - Improved performance, efficiency and sustainability all figure strongly in the new solutions that GE’s Power Conversion business is unveiling at OTC 2013, the Offshore Technology Conference taking place in Houston, Texas, on May 6-9 (NYSE: GE) - GEPowerCo. NYSE: GE
• Innovations in Propulsion and Drives, Dynamic Positioning, Supervision and Control Are All Designed to Improve Performance and Efficiency;
• GE Is Exhibiting at Booth 3163 at OTC 2013, Houston, May 6-9.
Technology innovations that the company will display in its exhibition booth, 3163, in Hall C, include:
• Enhanced Dynamic Positioning system with energy-efficiency mode that puts vessel control back in the hands of the mariner.
• Upgraded supervisory system, Visor-Insight, designed to increase the availability and reliability of drives, machines and control systems operating in the field, and which incorporates an extremely powerful advanced data gathering, distribution and management tool set for offshore vessel operators.
• The next generation of the Inovelis™ podded thruster with better fuel efficiency and overall performance that could change the way the industry views propulsion technology.
• More efficient power and propulsion system that reduces fuel consumption by optimizing engine speed on platform support vessels utilizing the latest in variable frequency active front end, VF-AFE, drives.
“We are pleased to showcase our new solutions that will deliver measurable savings for the industry at this year’s OTC,” says Paul English, marine leader GE Power Conversion. “GE Power Conversion is listening to customers’ needs and is becoming the partner of choice for shipyards, owners and operators. We strive to deliver technologies that improve overall performance and efficiency while meeting strict environmental legislation.”
About GE Power Conversion
GE’s Power Conversion business (gepowerconversion.com) applies the science and systems of power conversion to help drive the electrification of the world’s energy infrastructure by designing and delivering advanced motor, drive and control technologies that evolve today’s industrial processes for a cleaner, more productive future. Serving specialized sectors such as energy, marine, oil and gas, renewables and industry, through customized solutions and advanced technologies, GE Power Conversion partners with customers to maximize efficiency.
GE (ge.com) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
GE news, Masto Public Relations - E: information[.]mastopr.com.
Carsten Ritter, GE Power Conversion, Communications
P: +49 (0) 307 622 3173 - E: carsten.ritter[.]ge.com.