NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
New Delhi, Delhi, India, 2013/04/11 - Research firm IMARC Group expects this market to grow at a CAGR of around 26% during 2013-2016, according to its latest report entitled “Indian Monoclonal Antibodies Market Report & Forecast: 2012-2016” - IMARCgroup.com.
A huge patient pool, increasing prevalence of health insurance, strong biosimilar manufacturing capabilities and a largely unpenetrated market are expected to be the catalysts in driving the market for monoclonal antibodies in India. Research firm IMARC Group expects this market to grow at a CAGR of around 26% during 2013-2016, according to its latest report entitled “Indian Monoclonal Antibodies Market Report & Forecast: 2012-2016”.
According to an analyst at IMARC Group,“India’s poor historical track record in Intellectual property protection has resulted in many Indian companies acquiring strong reverse engineering skills. The Indian generic industry provides generic drugs not only to India but to the entire world. India currently has more FDA approved manufacturing facilities than any other country outside the US. Globally there are only 2 approved biosimilar monoclonal antibodies with Reditux (Rituximab) (developed and manufactured by Dr. Ready’s, an Indian generic manufacturer) being one of them. As a result, India and its biosimilar manufacturers can be regarded as the front runners in the global biosimilar antibody market race”.
Key Aspects Analyzed in this Report:
- Understanding the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and challenges in the Indian monoclonal antibodies market
- Understanding the technological considerations and regulatory factors in the Indian monoclonal antibodies market
• Evaluation and identification of monoclonal antibodies based on the sources from which they are derived and on the targets against which they act
• Understanding the key regulations for registering, manufacturing and importing monoclonal antibodies in India
- Evaluating the patent details of all globally marketed monoclonal antibodies in India, US and Europe
• Identifying the patentee name and patent numbers of all in-market monoclonal antibodies in India, US and Europe
• Identifying the monoclonal antibodies that are patent protected in India, US and Europe and those that are not
• Estimating the patent expiries of various monoclonal antibodies in India, US and Europe
- Comprehensive situation analysis of the Indian monoclonal antibodies market
• Analyzing current and future sales of monoclonal antibodies in India
• Identifying all globally launched monoclonal antibodies and understanding their performance and launch status in India
• Analyzing the global and Indian monoclonal antibodies market by Indication
• Evaluation of the top selling monoclonal antibodies
• Key biosimilar antibody development programmes in India and abroad.
Table of Contents
1 Market Definitions & Methodology
2 Executive Summary
3 Therapeutic Antibodies Market in India
3.1 Industry Analysis
3.2 Technological & Regulatory Assessment
3.2.1 Technological Assessment
3.2.2 Regulatory Assessment
3.3 Patent Details of Various Monoclonal Antibodies: US, Europe & India
3.4 Market Analysis
3.4.1 Current & Future Sales Trends
3.4.2 Sales Breakup by Molecule
3.4.3 Sales by Indication
3.5 Evaluation of Top Monoclonal Antibodies
3.6 Biosimilar Case Studies
3.7 Key Indian & Foreign Biosimilar Antibody Development Programmes.