NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Dallas, TX, United States, 2013/02/28 - Wildflower! Arts & Music Festival is the City of Richardson’s award-winning, multi-day festival (May 17-19) featuring live music, arts and crafts, children’s activities, interactive exhibits, strolling buskers and more - WildFlowerFestival.com.
Wildflower! Arts & Music Festival is the City of Richardson’s award-winning, multi-day festival featuring live music, arts and crafts, children’s activities, interactive exhibits, strolling buskers and more. Highlights include:
• Local, regional and national headliner entertainment
• Wild! Market Place featuring arts and crafts
• Art Guitar Auction
• Kidz Korner featuring children’s games & Activities
• Street performers, acrobats and entertainers
• City of Richardson Petting Zoo
• Award-winning singer/songwriter contest and workshop
• Budding Talent Competition
• GameHavens Game Zone for teens
• Friday night street dance featuring Dallas’ own Le Freak!
• “Wild Ride! Wild Run! Against Cancer” 10th annual bike ride and 3rd annual run on May 18 to benefit Methodist Richardson Cancer Center
Friday, May 17, 6 PM Midnight
Saturday, May 18, 11 AM Midnight
Sunday, May 19, 12:30 PM 8 PM
WHERE Wildflower! Arts & Music Festival is located at the Galatyn Park Urban Center in Richardson, Texas. Actual festival address: 2351 Performance Drive, Richardson, Texas 75082.
Three-Day Pass - $30
Single-Day Adult - $20
Kid’s Pass (age 5-12)- $3
15 for $15 group ticket promotion!
On Sunday, May 19, kids 12 and under get in free with a paid adult courtesy of Bank of America.
Tickets go on sale April 15, 2013, at area Tom Thumb stores or through the festival’s website:
ENTERTAINMENT (as of 2/18/13)
• Robert Earl Keen
• The Toadies
• Grand Funk Railroad
• Uncle Kracker
• Reverend Horton Heat
• Cowboy Mouth
• Slaid Cleaves
• Eleven Hundred Springs
• Rocket Man The best of Elton John
• Eliza Gilkyson
• Terri Hendrix with Lloyd Maines
• Le Freak
• More acts to TBA (acts are subject to change or cancel)
The Wildflower! Arts & Music Festival began in 1993 as a small community event held in a local park in northeast Richardson, Texas, to celebrate the acres of wildflowers planted around the city. Twenty-one years later the festival has become the premier music event in the area with over 1,200 volunteers and attendance surpassing 70,000 a year. The Wildflower! Arts & Music Festival is produced by The City of Richardson.
ViewPoint Bank, Methodist Richardson Medical Center, metroPCS, Coca-Cola, Budweiser, Toyota, Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Texas, Sherwin-Williams, Fossil, AT&T, Credit Union of Texas, Samsung, Atmos Energy, Argo Data, Reliable Chevrolet and Tom Thumb. Media Sponsors include: The Dallas Morning News, Collin County Business Press, Jack FM, Star Community Papers, Richardson Living Magazine and The Dallas Observer.
Mobile: text WFF to 88500