Oracle today announced a new release of its Oracle Communications Operations Support Systems (OSS) suite with the general availability of Oracle Communications Design Studio 7.2.2, Oracle Communications Order and Service Management 7.2.2, Oracle Communications Unified Inventory Management 7.2.2, Oracle Communications Network Integrity 7.2.2, Oracle Communications Network Intelligence 7.2.2, Oracle Communications ASAP 7.2.0 P1 and Oracle Communications IPSA 7.2.0 P1.
The expanded Oracle Communications OSS suite, when configured for the Oracle Communications Network Resource Management solution, enables communications service providers (CSPs) to plan, build, optimize and transform networks including building out mobile backhaul and fiber broadband networks, repatriating stranded network assets, reducing leased capacity costs and supporting network consolidation and migration.
The Oracle Communications OSS suite, when configured for the Oracle Communications Rapid Service Design and Order Delivery solution, accelerates CSPs’ ability to design, launch and deliver new services such as LTE, IPTV, VoIP, broadband access and data services quickly and cost effectively.
This latest release of Oracle’s pre-integrated OSS suite enables:
• Faster solution deployments due to a simpler graphical configuration for the user interface and enhanced inventory support for assigning channels to connectivity services;
• Simpler solution deployments with reduced risk and cost through pre-built support for a number of standard technologies including SDH and SONET with support for E-carrier, T-carrier and J-carrier digital system standards for multiplexed communication transmission;
• Increased accuracy of the network inventory data through productized integration of network discovery / reconciliation with network inventory particularly important for large, capital-intensive optical networks;
• Standardized and automated solution deployments with the introduction of reusable design patterns and auto-generated solution configurations for a number of service and technology domains including mobile GSM/3GPP, cable TV, digital video, VoIP, IP virtual private networks (VPN) and metro Ethernet;
• Simplified introduction and delivery of complex enterprise services such as IP VPNs and metro Ethernet with productized solution integration of Oracle Communications Order and Service Management with Oracle Communications IP Service Activator.
Oracle Communications OSS suite has been certified on a consistent and contemporary technical platform that supports Oracle Solaris and Oracle Linux operating systems, Oracle WebLogic Server and Oracle Database. It also supports virtually seamless upgrades from earlier versions for easier and consistent incorporation of new technology, security and performance updates.
CSPs can deploy the entire Oracle Communications OSS suite or selectively implement specific solutions or applications in a modular fashion, integrating third party components. The suite is also fully integrated with the Oracle Communications Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery solution using Oracle Application Integration Architecture to support an end-to-end “Order to Activate” business process.
"LG U+ has deployed Oracle Communications Unified Inventory Management and Oracle Communications Network Integrity to manage both our fixed and fast growing mobile LTE networks. The new capabilities and increased integration included in this release will help us improve our inventory data accuracy, reduce customization and further transform our OSS environment," said Young-Keun Han, head of OSS development, LG U+ Korea.
“This latest release of the Oracle Communications OSS suite further demonstrates Oracle’s commitment to providing our customers with an integrated application suite that helps enable revenue growth through the rapid launch and delivery of customer-facing communications services and helps reduce complexity and cost with more efficient network resource management,” said Bhaskar Gorti, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications.
About Oracle Communications
Only Oracle’s software and systems span the communications industry technology landscape from carrier-grade servers, storage and IT infrastructure, to mission-critical business and operational support systems and service delivery platforms; from business intelligence applications and retail point-of-sale solutions to the Java platform running on more than three billion mobile and handheld devices. Oracle helps 100 of the world's top 100 service providers innovate and exploit new business models, build strong, profitable customer relationships, and streamline operations.
Oracle (oracle.com) engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the communications industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Contact: Janice Clayton, O’Keeffe & Company
P: +1.443.759.8151 - E: jclayton[.]okco.com.