NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Muret, Haute-Garonne, France, 2012/12/06 - PaperScan Scanner Software version 1.8 is now available on the ORPALIS website. It includes new options and a new set of annotations - ORPALIS.com / GdPicture.com.
ORPALIS has released a new medium version of his best-selling scanner software dedicated to the general public, PaperScan.
PaperScan is a powerful TWAIN and WIA scanning software making document acquisition an unparalleled easy task for anyone. PaperScan is available in 3 versions: Free Edition, Home Edition and Professional Edition. All three versions provide the same set of features but the Free and Home Editions have some limitations. The Professional Edition includes an OCR engine, annotations and automatic color detection.
What’s new in version 1.8?
• Updates notifications support (all editions).
• Option to suppress warning and notification dialogs (all editions).
• Option to convert color bitmap to 1-bit monochrome bitmap using a dithering algorithm (Professional edition).
• New set of annotations: Free Hand Highlighter, Text, Image, Ellipse, Rectangle, Line, Connected Lines, Free Hand Pen, Ruler, Polygon, Free Hand Polygon (Professional edition).
• Quick scan mode feature: start a scan process by CTRL+Q, without getting the acquisition wizard (all editions).
• Battery of minor bug fixes reported by the users (all editions).
PaperScan can be downloaded and evaluated for free for 30 days on the ORPALIS website at orpalis.com/products/paperscan/
Registered license owners can upgrade to PaperScan version 1.8 for free.
ORPALIS (orpalis.com) is creator, developer and owner of the comprehensive document imaging toolkit series released under the brand "GdPicture" (gdpicture.com), which is now a worldwide known and respected leader in imaging technologies. More than 12,000 developers based in over 70 countries include GdPicture components in their applications. In 2011, ORPALIS releases PaperScan, marking the beginning of a new line of products meant for end-users.