TextbookVideos announced the release of three Video Study Guides for Microeconomics that can now be accessed via the web or as enhanced e-books for the Apple iPad. The three titles, Consumer Behavior, Producer Behavior and Market Structures are the first economics e-books to combine video, notes, image galleries and interactive quizzes - making it easier for students to prepare for classes, tests and exams.
Students can subscribe to the Video Study Guides on the TextbookVideos web-site or purchase them from iTunes. Educational institutions can also license the content for groups, or as turnkey learning material for schools' online Microeconomics courses.
The Video Study Guides contain a total of 149 videos. These professionally produced videos range in length from a few seconds to 6 minutes and combine animation, b-roll, graphics and professor interviews to help teach key economics concepts in minutes.
These short videos teach the key economics concepts that professors across North America identified as being the key ideas that students found the most difficult to learn. The videos are formatted to play on computers and mobile devices, so that students can learn wherever their devices take them.
Company President and study guide author, Jay Moulton, explained the genesis of the study guide,"We invested nearly two years developing the Real World Economics video series. After interviewing hundreds of economics professors, students and educators across North America, we know that there is a need for an engaging way for students to study and prepare for classes, tests and exams. This is our response to that need."
To inquire about group rates, licensing the video study guides for online use, or if you would like us to help you create content for online curriculum, please contact Jay Moulton at 514-846-3400, or jay[.]textbookvideos.com
The three Microeconomics Video Study Guides feature the following economists:
• Jodi Beggs, MA, Northeastern University, Economics writer at About.com and blogger at Economists Do It With Models (economistsdoitwithmodels.com)
• Greg Brock, PhD, Georgia Southern University
• Joe Calhoun, PhD, Florida State University
• Tawni Ferrarini, PhD, Northern Michigan University
• Shelby Frost, PhD, Georgia State University
• Shailendra Gajanan, PhD, University of Pittsburgh
• David Gray, PhD, University of Ottawa
• Mark Leclair, PhD, Fairfield University
• Christopher Ruebeck, PhD, Lafayette College
• Noreen Templin, MA, Butler Community College
• Tamara Woroby, PhD, Towson University.
The following professors have also contributed to this innovative project:
• Alejandro Cañadas, PhD, Mount Saint Mary’s University
• Marilyn Cottrell, Brock University
• Karl Einolf, PhD, Mount Saint Mary’s University
• Alan Hochstein, PhD, Concordia University
• Bridget O’Shaughnessy, McMaster University
• Eesha Sen Choudhury, PhD, McGill University
• Robert Sonora, PhD, Fort Lewis College.