Jaspersoft, the world’s most widely used business intelligence (BI) platform, today announced its Hadoop Partner Ecosystem. In addition to working with IBM, which was previously announced, Jaspersoft is also partnering with Cloudera and HortonWorks to combine its BI suite with their Hadoop distributions, as well as integrating with Informatica’s HParser, and Talend’s Open Studio for Big Data, giving companies more reporting options to meet their Hadoop Analytics needs.
Jaspersoft’s Hadoop partners said:
• "Our business users all want powerful, simple reporting tools for the data they store in Apache Hadoop. Connecting the Jaspersoft reporting engine directly to Hadoop makes it easy for analysts to use both their source data and the results of their analytics jobs." —Mike Olson, CEO of Cloudera
• "Jaspersoft's industry-leading reporting, analysis, and dashboard products, together with the Hortonworks Data Platform, make it easy and cost-effective for customers to derive maximum insights and value from their largest data stores. We're delighted to partner with them to create additional value for customers." —Eric Baldeschwieler, CTO of Hortonworks
Jaspersoft also showed key findings from a recently completed survey on the early use of Hadoop in the enterprise. Over 600 Jaspersoft community members responded to the Big Data survey. Among those respondents using Hadoop to address Big Data in their organizations, 59% have either already deployed a Hadoop-based Big Data solution or are currently in development, and 77% of Hadoop users will have deployed Big Data solutions within the next six months. Other key Hadoop-related findings include:
• Within enterprise use, 63% of Hadoop users are application developers, 15% are BI report developers and 10% are BI admins or casual business users;
• Only 37% of Hadoop users work within software and Internet industries. Hadoop use remains diverse and can be found in a range of industries from financial services to education;
• 57% are deploying Big Data with Hadoop on-premises, while 43% are deploying in the cloud;
• The most popular Big Data store was Hadoop HDFS (82%), followed by HBase (34%) relational database (31%), MongoDB (30%), Hive (25%), and Cassandra (14%);
• 38% require real-time or near real-time analytics for their Big Data with Hadoop.
“We’re delighted to see how expansive Hadoop-based solutions have become. The volume of Hadoop Big Data users is growing rapidly across the globe,” said Brian Gentile, CEO of Jaspersoft. “With the growing use of Hadoop-based Big Data systems, Jaspersoft has focused on building a strong partner ecosystem to help deliver more value to business and IT users in managing and processing large volumes of data in combination with reporting tools."
Jaspersoft provides the ideal complement for reporting and analysis of Hadoop-based Big Data systems through a full suite of ETL, Hive, and native HBase connectors for low-latency data exploration. Jaspersoft’s modern architecture and open source model empowers companies to deploy Big Data reporting and analytics at a fraction of the cost of traditional systems, and in less time. Jaspersoft supports direct pre-defined reports and ad-hoc queries from your Big Data sources, as well as ETL to data marts or data warehouses, enabling the most flexibility and the fastest time to insights.
For more information on deploying Jaspersoft Business Intelligence with a Hadoop-based project, please visit jaspersoft.com/bigdata. For even deeper insights into the state of Big Data, join Jaspersoft, IBM, 10gen and other thought leaders as they discuss real implementations and what's driving them at the “Big Data: Enough talk already” panel during the upcoming JasperWorld Conference.
Jaspersoft (jaspersoft.com / jasperforge.org) provides the most flexible, cost effective and widely deployed Business Intelligence (BI) suite in the world, enabling better decision-making through highly interactive reports, dashboards and analytics. By leading in support for cloud, big data, and mobile deployments, Jaspersoft helps its customers deliver on the promise of self-service BI at scale. Leveraging a commercial open source business model and a Community of more than 275,000 registered members, Jaspersoft's open source BI software has been downloaded more than 16 million times. Jaspersoft production deployments, in excess of 175,000, power 130,000 data-driven applications spanning 15,000 commercial customers. Jaspersoft is privately held and has locations around the world.