NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Redwood Shores, CA, United States, 2012/09/13 - Further strengthens industry first business-driven cloud management solution with new platform-as-a-service (paas) and application management capabilities (NASDAQ: ORCL) - Oracle.com. NYSE, NASDAQ: ORCL
Oracle today announced general availability of Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Release 2.
The release introduces unique capabilities for deploying and managing business applications in an enterprise private cloud, such as Java Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), enhanced business application management, and integrated hardware-software management for Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud.
As a result of popular demand from customers leveraging Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c, new IOUG and UKOUG Management Special Interest Groups have been created.
At Oracle OpenWorld 2012, on Sunday September 30th, the SIG Sunday program includes a dedicated track for Oracle Enterprise Manager.
Oracle Enterprise Manager is the industry's first solution to combine management of the full Oracle stack with complete enterprise cloud lifecycle management. It helps IT organizations fast track their cloud transformations while reducing IT management cost and effort.
New Capabilities and Features Increase Cloud Control
Enhanced management capabilities for enterprise private clouds:
• Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Release 2 introduces new capabilities to allow customers to build and manage a Java Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) cloud based on Oracle WebLogic Server, including guided set up of a PaaS Cloud, self-service provisioning, automatic scale out, and metering and chargeback;
• Enhanced lifecycle management capabilities for Oracle WebLogic Server enables synchronized patching and configuration file management to help ease management of multi-domain web environments;
• Integrated hardware-software management for Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud through features such as rack schematics visualization and integrated monitoring of all hardware and software components.
New management capabilities for business-critical applications include:
• A new Business Application (BA) target type and dashboard with flexible definitions provides a logical view of an application's business transactions, end-user experiences and the cloud infrastructure the monitored application is running on;
• Oracle Real User Experience Insight has been enhanced to provide reporting capabilities on client-side issues for applications running in the cloud and has been more tightly coupled with Oracle Business Transaction Management to help ensure that real-time user experience and transaction tracing data is provided to users in context.
Other key improvements address ease of administration, reporting and extensibility for massively scalable cloud environments including dynamic groups, self-updateable monitoring templates, and bulk operations against many events.
"With this release, we are building on the innovations in Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c to help our customers further reduce cost and complexity," said Richard Sarwal, Oracle senior vice president, Product Development, Oracle. "By helping IT organizations increase efficiency and responsiveness, Oracle is reducing management challenges and helping customers take full advantage of the cloud."
"Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c has enabled Cerner to better and more easily manage our enterprise applications and systems," said Tony Myers, Sr. Technology Architect, Cerner Corporation. "With Oracle Enterprise Manager's template collections and hierarchies, Cerner has found it much simpler to manage dynamic groups, security, compliance standards, and monitoring templates as part of our Cerner Skybox cloud-based technology infrastructure and services for health care organizations. We are pleased to see the continued innovations in Release 2."
"We saw a great increase in interest among our members in Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c, which led us to create a new Manageability Special Interest Group (SIG)," said Floyd Teter, vice president of technology at EIS Technologies and head of the new Independent Oracle Users Group (IOUG) Manageability SIG. "We've had so much response to our initial webinars that we've elected to do an entire day of sessions at Oracle OpenWorld on SIG Sunday."
Oracle (oracle.com) provides the most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems in the world.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Kristin Reeves, Blanc & Otus
P: +1.415.856.5145 - E: kreeves[.]blancandotus.com.