Celebrities, artists and exhibitors aren't the only attractions at Wizard World Ohio Comic Con. Fan organizations professing their affinity for “Star Trek," Star Wars and other pop culture standards will be roaming the floor at the Greater Columbus Convention Center, September 28-30.
Attendees can also check out the DeLorean Time Machine as seen in the film Back to the Future, as the replica vehicle will be on site raising funds for the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research.
Special fan groups currently scheduled to attend the event include:
• 501st Legion, Ohio Garrison, a regional chapter of the worldwide Star Wars costuming club that wears the costumes of the “bad guys” such as the Stormtroopers, Tie Pilots, and the evil Darth Vader.
• Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club, the world's premier custom Mandalorian costume organization, whose goal is to provide a nexus for Mandalorian costumers, giving them a collective identity and representation within the Star Wars costuming community.
• Ohio Star Wars Collectors Club, a resource through which those who live in Ohio can discuss new items arriving, toy & collectible show dates and generally anything Star Wars related.
• Pendant Production Co., one of the most prolific and popular podcasting companies today, with more than 800 episodes of audio drama.
• USS Asgard, a Columbus-based chapter of Starfleet International, the international “Star Trek” fan association, which participates in community events such as Toys for Tots, Operation Feed, etc.
• USS Columbus, a chapter of Starfleet International, which does an annual school supply drive for a local school, helps in the Firefighters Toy Drive, and collects food for Mid Ohio Food Bank along with other local clubs.
• USS Lagrange, a chapter of Starfleet International, which has raised hundreds of dollars for the Akron Children’s Hospital and for various food banks in the state.
Comics legend Stan Lee, pop culture icon William Shatner, WWE® Superstar CM Punk® and “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” star Eliza Dushku headline the Wizard World Ohio Comic Con celebrity roster. They will be joined by many of the world's greatest comics creators, exhibitors and thousands of fans in a celebration of all things pop culture in an expanded format, which now includes a preview on Friday evening and two full weekend days.
Top creators include Eisner Award Hall of Famer Neal Adams (“Batman,” “Green Lantern”), Alan Davis (“Captain America,” “Thor”), Eisner Award nominee Humberto Ramos (“Amazing Spider-Man,” “Impulse”), Eisner Award winner Paul Jenkins (“Spider-Man,” “Hulk”) and many others.
Wizard World Ohio Comic Con, produced by Wizard World, Inc. (WIZD.PK), will bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop-fi, pop culture, movies, graphic novels, comics, toys, video gaming, television, sci-fi, gaming, original art, collectibles, contests and more. Show hours are Friday, Sept. 28, 5-9 pm.; Saturday, Sept. 29, 10 am. - 7 pm.; and Sunday, Sept. 30, 10 am. - 5 pm.
About Wizard World
Wizard World (wizardworld.com) produces Comic Cons and pop culture conventions across North America that celebrate graphic novels, comic books, movies, TV shows, gaming, technology, toys and social networking. The events often feature celebrities from movies and TV, artists and writers, and events such as premieres, gaming tournaments, panels, and costume contests.