NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Toronto, Ontario, Canada, 2012/08/17 - Domicity’s new report — HP in Cloud Computing — is an independent study of its strategies to use the cloud to build a more profitable business model. HP is using strength in cloud infrastructure to drive uptake of cloud building and hosting business.
HP banks on the cloud to re-engineer its business model
Domicity’s newly released strategic analysis report — HP in Cloud Computing — is an independent examination of HP’s strategies to use cloud computing to address profitability and growth challenges.
“HP is moving to overpower financial problems emanating from its PC, printer and traditional services businesses by throwing a net over the entire cloud computing opportunity,” says Marc Brien, VP of Research at Domicity, a Toronto-based IT analysis company. “Strength in cloud infrastructure is being leveraged for HP’s strategic move into cloud hosting.”
HP clawed its way to the top of the client-server market. The company is rolling out its strategy to achieve the same success in the cloud computing era.
Fuelled by $71-billion in acquisitions and $34-billion in R&D over the last 10 years, HP has managed to generate leading-edge cloud infrastructure technologies which are buying early customer wins in cloud building.
Now, HP is making its move into cloud hosting. The company is bombarding the market with a growing portfolio of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS services delivered from HP’s managed and public clouds.
HP in Cloud Computing probes the strengths and vulnerabilities at the heart of HP’s developing cloud-based business model:
• cashing in on OpenStack’s momentum;
• overcoming structural weaknesses since abandoning “The HP Way”;
• targeting wins in Big Data with new architectures;
• using the cloud to solve problems in the services business;
• actualizing technology advantages in the Internet of Things (IoT);
• deciding the fate of the troubled Printing & Personal Systems Group;
• going head-to-head with Amazon in public cloud;
• generating vertical cloud business from EDS’ intellectual property;
• promoting a hybrid private/hosted cloud architecture with bursting;
• assembling the financial resources needed to underwrite a successful cloud transition;
• struggling to attract top cloud talent under the burden of a damaged corporate culture.
About HP in Cloud Computing
The result of 8 months’ research, Domicity’s new 325-page, 60-exhibit independent report analyzes the strengths and weaknesses of HP’s strategies and operations. Individual chapters examine: strategic directions and issues; finances; organization, acquisitions & alliances; cloud technologies; private/hybrid cloud; managed cloud; public cloud; cloud-hosted businesses; future scenarios.
About Domicity Ltd
Domicity Ltd (domicity.com) is a Toronto-based IT consulting company. The firm publishes independent, in-depth reports on the operations and strategies of global IT hardware, software and services suppliers. Our clients tell us our IT company strategy reports are the “best in the business”.