NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Andover, MA, United States, 2012/08/08 - Ideal for companies committed to CATIA V5 that need a practical way forward from SmarTeam, VPM or MatrixOne.
Aras®, the leading enterprise open source Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software solution provider, today announced the latest release of the CATIA V5 connector PDM workbench by Aras certified partner T-Systems. The CATIA V5 connector embeds Aras functionality into the CATIA V5 user interface, enabling designers to drive collaborative product development from within the powerful CATIA environment.
For global companies that have large, complex assemblies the CATIA V5 connector for Aras provides a highly scalable and secure PLM platform for digital product development.
The CATIA V5 connector leverages the unified CAD data model in the Aras CAD Integration Platform (aras.com/technology/cad-data-management.aspx/) which includes high performance multi-file check-out. Parallel asynchronous streaming technology moves sets of files across the WAN significantly faster than previously possible with other PLM systems.
- Management of complex CATIA V5 file structures
- Interaction with PLM data directly in standard CATIA V5 user interface
- Support for both WIP and Release Management
- Controlled enterprise-wide sharing of CATIA V5 designs without additional license costs
- Reservation using Lock and Unlock
- Version and Revision control of CATIA V5 files with configuration management and effectivity
- Search and Load from CATIA V5
- Enter and edit PLM attributes within CATIA V5
- Bi-directional exchange of properties
- Drawing title block automation
- Automatic thumbnail generation
- Auto generation of enterprise BOM driven by CATIA V5 designs
- Enterprise Change Management with attached CATIA V5 files
- Clear ownership of BOM parts by discipline with ability to make manual updates
The new release of the CATIA V5 connector for Aras is available now. Ideal for companies committed to CATIA V5 that need a practical way forward from SmarTeam, VPM or MatrixOne. Migration services available. For more information visit aras.com/integrations/MCAD/catia-v5-connector.aspx
Video demo and overview from ACE 2012 at aras.com/plm/001577
“Companies that are committed to CATIA V5 need a scalable PLM platform that delivers superior performance and will enable them to optimize their global design processes moving forward,” said Peter Schroer, President of Aras. “The ability to seamlessly manage the most complex CATIA V5 data together with data from multiple other MCAD, EDA, SW/FW systems in a single unified product structure is critical to achieving PLM success for today’s complex products.”
Aras (aras.com) is the leading provider of enterprise open source Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software solutions. Freedom from licensing eliminates up-front expenses and per user costs while superior technology makes Aras the most advanced enterprise PLM solution suite available. Customers include Motorola, Freudenberg, GE, Hitachi, Lockheed Martin, Textron and TEVA Pharmaceuticals. Aras is privately held with global headquarters in Andover, Mass.
Product and service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.