NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Southport, CT, United States, 2012/07/16 - Pop some artisanal Champagne from the new e-Boutique Henri's Reserve, which unveiled in November 2011 and gives its clients doorstep delivery and access to small family estate Champagnes that can seldom be found anywhere else in the U.S.
Whether it's hunkering down in an Adirondack chair, inviting close friends to an intimate gathering or sparking fireworks on Labor Day, no summer activity is complete until you hear the pop of a boutique Champagne from the new e-Boutique Henri's Reserve (888-999-8036), which unveiled in November 2011 and gives its clients doorstep delivery and access to small family estate Champagnes that can seldom be found anywhere else in the U.S.
"Why drink wine when you can sip Champagne," said owner and founder Ruth Frantz (Southport, Conn.) who discovered the exceptional and exclusive world of family estate Champagnes during her corporate career at Diageo and Pernod Ricard. "It was pretty much love at first 'pop.' Once I had imbibed my first taste of artisanal bubbly there was no turning back.
"Like hand-made chocolates, artisanal cheeses, single malt scotches, locally sourced produce, or even, dare we say, craft beers - boutique Champagnes are the 'next step up' and move us beyond 'the same-old-same' to learn about the finest vineyards, families, the winemakers' philosophies and enjoying various Champagne styles."
Why Boutique Champagnes are The New Darlings of Sommeliers and Wine Critics:
The Painstaking Care, Passion and Authenticity of Small Family-Owned Champagne Houses: The Champagnes that are found within Henri's Reserve use only grapes from their own vineyards - unlike the mass-market negociants (e.g. Veuve Cliquot, Moët) that make millions of case and buy grapes from hundreds of vineyards throughout the Champagne region. These families have been making Champagne for generations, if not centuries, with a painstaking focus on producing the best-of-the-best.
The Finest Vineyards: Like a prized Burgundy or Bordeaux, boutique Champagnes strongly focus on terroir (a French expression for the type of soil, climate and geology, all which contribute to the chemistry and final product). Henri's Reserve focuses on Champagnes that are from the highly rated Grand Cru and Premium Cru villages with cherished ancient vines, instead of the mass producers blending grapes from many vineyards and creating a house-style that remains the same year-after-year.
Artistry of the Champagne Makers: Each of the Champagnes is individual, due to the unique craft, philosophy and legacy behind each winemaker that produces it.
Five Innovative Summer Entertaining Ideas:
"Champagne brings magic to any occasion, whether it's Tuesday night takeout, a BBQ, weekend brunch, or a girls' night" said Frantz. "I've always focused on creating innovative menus & experiences to surprise and delight my guests. Like any fine & special ingredient, boutique Champagnes take you're your entertaining to a whole new level. With summer already in full-spin, there is no better time to pop the cork!"
1. Host a Champagne Tasting with Henri's Tasting Soiree Kit: Invite a group of friends to join you on an artisanal adventure with Henri's Tasting Soiree Kit that includes three bottles of Champagne that span the bubbly spectrum and pair immaculately with a variety of different dishes that are described in Henri's accompanying Food Pairing Kit.
2. Labor Day Picnic with Henri's Reserve: Roll out your picnic blanket; lay a spread of fried chicken, potato chips and some luscious chocolate truffles to pair with a dry and zesty Blanc de Blanc from Henri's Reserve.
3. Rose Garden and Pool Party: Show off the annuals and perennials in full bloom by the pool while serving the hottest trend in Champagne with Henri's Reserve Rose Sampler (complete with three exquisite Roses) paired with trays of prosciutto and smoked salmon tea sandwiches and finished off cherry sorbet to clear the palate.
4. Wedding Season with Henri: Be the "Life of the Shower, Honeymoon and Reception" by bringing a bottle of Gimonnet Blanc de Blancs to celebrate your newlywed friends' life of matrimony or give them the gift of a yearlong honeymoon with Henri's Reserve Champagne Club and allow them to enjoy a variety of champagnes - quarterly, bi-monthly or monthly - from an assortment of small family estates throughout the region.
5. Bastille Day in the U.S.A: Celebrate the National Celebration of France on July 14 with a Champagne Tea Cocktail courtesy of Henri's Reserve and Le Palais des Thés tea collection. For five marvelous flutes of champagne, infuse three rounded teaspoons (or three tea bags) of the Le Palais des Thés "Thé du Hammam" tea leaves in ten ounces of lightly simmering spring water for three minutes (do not let water come to a boil. Filter the leaves, let the tea cool, and then let it chill in the refrigerator for a half hour. Combine chilled tea with two tablespoons of peach liqueur in a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously. Pour into flutes, about halfway up and top off with well-chilled L. Aubry Fils Brut from Henri's Reserve (approximately ten ounces).