Eurotech subsidiary Parvus announces the DuraNET 40-10, a rugged, high-performance 10 Gigabit / 1 Gigabit Multilayer Ethernet router, switch and security appliance optimized for tactical edge IP LAN and WAN networking deployments in military / aerospace / civil applications. Parvus will be displaying the DuraNET 40-10 at booth #1119 of the AFCEA TechNet Land Forces South 2012 held in the Tampa Convention Center.
Integrating up to 20 ports of fully managed routing, switching, and security services in a single hardened subsystem, this robust networking solution is primed for Size, Weight, and Power (SWaP) sensitive situational awareness tech refreshes onboard aircraft, ground vehicles and maritime platforms. For maximum reliability and 2-level maintenance (2LM) field serviceability, the DuraNET 40-10 features a high-performance 3U VPX blade architecture, including a 3U VPX REDI secure router/switch card and MIL-STD-704/1275 compliant power supply line replaceable modules (LRM), as well as a spare 3U VPX payload slot to support customized system configurations (i.e. integrated Single Board Computer).
Designed to meet harsh MIL-STD-461F EMI/EMC and MIL-STD-810G thermal (-40 to +71C), shock, vibe, altitude, and ingress conditions, the unit features a passively cooled ½ ATR VPX chassis fitted with MIL-DTL-38999 connectors for up to 20 ports of copper Gigabit Ethernet connectivity or optional combinations of copper GigE together with optical Gigabit and/or 10 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity for uplinks/cascade ports.
Key Features & Specifications:
• High Performance Networking
- Fully Managed Layer 2 / Layer 3 Switch / Router / Security Services Based on High Performance Freescale and Broadcom Technologies;
- High Port Density – up to 20 Non-Blocking Gigabit Ethernet Ports;
- Support for Optional 1 Gig / 10 Gig Ethernet Fiber Optic Interfaces;
- Enterprise-Level Networking Management Software Features: Advanced Quality of Service (QoS), CLI, Web, SNMP Management, MSTP/RSTP, VLAN, IP Multicast Routing, Authentication, Port Monitoring, etc;
- Unified Threat Management System – Firewall, Network Address Translation (NAT), Access Control List (ACL) Filtering, Virtual Private Network (VPN) Secure Tunneling, Intrusion Detection System (IDS), Encryption/Decryption, Declassification/Data Zeroization Capabilities.
• VPX-based Technology
- SWaP Optimized Open Architecture 3U VPX Cards (VITA 46/48/65);
- Extended Temperature, Ultra-Rugged Conduction-Cooled VPX;
- Reduced Maintenance VPX REDI Cover Plates Provide Enhanced ESD Protection and Level 2 Maintenance to Reduce Depot Repairs (Card can be Removed in the Field).
• Rugged Design:
- Designed to MIL-STD-810G Shock, Vibe, Thermal, Altitude, Humidity;
- Designed to MIL-461F Conducted/Radiated Emissions & Susceptibility;
- Filtered, Transient-Protected MIL-STD-1275/704 Power Supply for Aircraft and Vehicle Use;
- -40 to +71C Fanless Extended Temp Operation with No Moving Parts;
- Corrosion-Resistant, Aluminum Chassis Sealed Against Water, Dust (Similar to IP67) with ½ ATR ARINC 404A Air Transport Rack Mounts or Flange Footpad;
- MIL-DTL-38999 Connectors for Reliable Network Connections;
- Data Zeroization Support to Erase Sensitive Information.
Samples of the DuraNET 40-10 are anticipated to become available during Q4 2012 in select configurations. Contact sales for updated production availability information and pricing.